"You're embarrassed because I got Jennie first, she loved me first, and you will always be the second choice, and you know it yourself."

"And that is precisely why you want me to leave the country, so when you reveal your relationship to our families, you won't be painted as a home wrecker." Every word Y/N spat out made Taeyong's face drop and an expression filled with anguish slowly formed.

The public did not know about Y/N and Jennie's engagement. She was not an important public figure while Jennie is the opposite, she is part of the infamous Kim Family. One of the wealthiest families that tower over the others.

So inevitably, someone would take advantage of their private relationship.

That someone is Taeyong.

But Y/N knew that even if Jennie and Taeyong continued their relationship, Jennie would still choose to make it private since it will do nothing but tarnish the Kim Family's reputation.

Just like she did with their relationship.

After all, Taeyong is related to Y/N and their family doesn't have impressive feats that could make them be on par with the Kim's.

She suddenly found the situation funny.

"Just please let go of, Jennie. Didn't you hear it from herself. She doesn't love you anymore. She chose me, that means she already gave you up and you know that." The man was observant and stared at her reaction. He looked puzzled when he saw no trace of anger or pain.

Y/N flashes him a smile before laughing, "Oh, if all you wanted me to do was call off the engagement, there was no need for you to start bribing me and bringing my sister into this."

"I have no interest in marrying her anymore. I know I deserve better, Taeyong. I am not a fool." She grins like a cheshire cat.

The man's expression became unpleasant and his posture stiffened. He was baffled at the nonchalant reaction of the woman in front of him.

Taeyong looks at her with a confused glint in his gaze, "You are letting her off the hook just like that? There must be some kind of catch for this.. I don't trust you." His voice was firm when he voiced out his concern.

At this point, Y/N was appalled by the stupidity of this man. She already said that she has no interest in marrying Jennie anymore.

What more does she need to say?

And even if she wanted to take revenge, she wouldn't be able to because she has more important things to worry about in life.

"Is my offer not good enough, cousin? You are too greedy. I'd even go as far as to give you a job and a house. Just d-" Taeyong wasn't able to continue his sentence when the bottle of white wine shattered beside him.

Y/N couldn't hold it any longer and threw the bottle of wine.

She wasn't even mad, rather she was annoyed and wanted nothing but to pass out on her bed. She had to do it to make Taeyong snap back to his senses.

She looked up and saw that Taeyong had a puzzled expression. He looked mad because he was cut off by Y/N in such an aggressive way.

He picks up one of the glass shards with a devilish glint in his eyes and stands up.

Just before his long legs reach her, the door slid open, revealing a gorgeous young woman. Taeyong panicked and cut his hand with the glass shard on purpose.

He realised he looked bad so he had to come up with something.

"AH!" He shouted in pain suddenly. Y/N whipped her head to his direction with widened eyes. She did not understand what was going on.