'I love you.' He mumbles sleepily.

'Stop all that talk.' I say and feel him slap me lightly causing me to laugh.

After an hour, we got out of bed. I had a shower and had to change back into my clothes from yesterday since I didn't have a change. I did my hair and makeup then went and had some breakfast whilst Dontae was in the shower.

'Why you dressed? You going home already?' He joins me in the kitchen and eats a spoon of my cereal.

'No, I'm going to the hospital.' I reply.

'Why? What's wrong?' He asks, immediately concerned. I look away from him and to the floor.

'Oh, I er need to visit someone. Well we need to visit someone.'

'Who? What happened?'

'Chennai's in labour.'

'So?' He asks, as if he was genuinely confused.

'Tae, we have to go see her.'

'Nah. Why? That kid aint nuttin to do with me or you. She aint even your friend.'

'Yeah, but she has no one. We can't just leave her alone.'

'Who's fault is it that she has no one? Leave her man. It'll teach her a lesson.'

'Dontae.' I whine.

'Nah.' I sigh.

'Fine, I'm going.' I say shortly.

'We are not going, end of man.'

'I never said you Dontae. I'm going. If you want to be foul, you can stay and be foul by yourself.' He groans and kisses his teeth.

'Gimme 10 minutes then. What hospital is it?' I smile widely, knowing that I'd convinced him.

'Kings College.'

'I'll call a cab, let me get dressed.' He screws me and kisses his teeth again before trailing upstairs. Cab for what? Who does he think he is? Like public transport wasn't free and available.

'Hi, we're looking for the maternity ward.' I smile at the receptionist. She gives us instructions and we set out.

'I don't know why you want to come.' He sighs and tuts.

'Just shh.' I scold him. Once we get to the maternity ward, I asked the receptionist what room Chennai was in.

'She's just through that door there. Number 4.' I thank her and walk in to see Chennair curled up on her bed.

'Chennai?' I ask quietly. She turns to see me and Dontae, with a blank face. Her belly wasn't as big as it previously was and she didn't seem to be in labour.

'Why are you here? I asked for Dontae.' She says bitterly. I roll my eyes. This is what I get for being nice.

'I came to be nice uno. I had to force Dontae to come. Believe it or not, you were once my closest friend Chennai so please just accept that I'm here and being a friend.' Tears welled up in her eyes and rolled down her cheeks speedily.

'She didn't make it. She was too tiny.' She sobs. My heart broke for her. Dontae sighs, not even remotely sympathetic whereas I went over to her bedside and hugged her as she cried on me.

'I'm so sorry.' I rubbed her back comfortingly.

'I'll be outside, yeah?' Dontae says as he scrolls through his phone. I glare at him. 'Tell me when you're done Jay.' He strolls out of the room. As soon as Dontae was out of the room, her tears disappeared. She sighed, running her hand through her hair. She looked me up and down, rolling her eyes.