2.

"This is definitely a bad idea."

Russia packed his suitcase and backpack. Who knows how long will he stay there? Well, even if he doesn't stay for long and it turns out that he packed all this stuff for nothing he won't even be upset. It didn't even start and he couldn't wait for it to end.

He took the suitcase downstairs and outside the house. Then he went back for his backpack. He took a quick look around the room and his eyes landed on a photo of him and his father that was hanging on the wall in a wooden frame.

He walked to it and got it off the wall. He pulled the photo out of the frame and looked at it.

It was a photo of him and his father in their backyard. He was only 5 years old then, sitting on Soviet's shoulders and Soviet's ushanka on his head.

Flashbacks of that day ran across his mind. They were so happy back then. And everything was okay. At least for him. He was too young to understand what Soviet was dealing with then, but his father never showed that he was upset or stressed about something.

Even though he didn't have much time for his son, when he did he made sure that they have the best time together.

Russia smiled to himself, not getting his eyes off of the photo.

"I wish you were still here... I wish you could tell me if I'm doing the right thing or not... I just hope that, if you can see me now, you're not disappointed..."

He sighed and put the photo in his pocket. Then he took his backpack and walked outside. Locking the door behind himself, he placed the house keys in his pocket and made his way to his car.

The trip to Germany will be long so he had no time to lose.

———————————————————————————

After a couple of hours of driving he was in Poland's country. He stopped for gas and then went to a store to buy some food.

Everyone was nice and polite to him which is something he really appreciate. He knew that they couldn't make a difference between him and any other Russian, so they weren't polite to him only because he's a country ruler but simply for just being nice to them.

But as always he couldn't help but be suspicious about it. He has a hard time trusting people and he can't really control that. So he made sure not to stay any longer than he had to.

Well that was until he heard a familiar voice call his name. He was outside the store, placing his stuff in the car, when he heard Poland call his name and wave at him.

Russia simply smiled and closed the car door before walking towards him.

Poland gave him a wide smile.

"Hello, Rosja. What brings you here?"

"Hi Польша. I'm just passing by actually. I went to buy myself something to eat and I'll be back on my way."

"Oh, come on. You can't just come here without at least coming over to my place. You must be tired."

"No, really, it's fine. I don't want to bother you or anything."

"Come on. Please. It's been ages since someone last visited me."

Russia felt sorry for the poor guy. After all Soviet was always saying good things about him. And Poland was the first one that got to him when his father was killed.

"Okay but just this once."

"Thank you so much! You have no idea how much this means to me. I'll just need to buy some groceries first."