Chapter 9

"Go Takeru!!!" I turn around to the noise....... It was a family who was cheering for the captain of the other team!!

I got a nervous smile as Kei pets me on the head!!!! "K-k-Kei!!!" I started blushing as he smirked "I finally found your weakness." I stick my tongue out at him as his mouth is next to my ear... too close.....

"I'll give you something if we win this match...." he blows in my ear as he walks away leaving me there bright red!!!

As the match starts, we go for a quick right away as but the players weren't surprised at all!!!!

Then we serve again but as they received it, they did a time difference attack and spiked it in!!! As it was their turn to serve, they passed it to their captain and as he was about to spike, he purposely aimed for an angle on my finger tips and I saw what he was trying to do and made my fingers a different direction but it angled right outside the outside line!!!

"He's play.... is just like the Small Giant." I said to myself as I get more aware of that captain. We are losing 15-14 and as I spiked it but as they received it, it went out of court!

Then Asahi-San spikes it in! I fist-bump Asahi-San with a smile, finally we've a 2 point-difference of 17-19. Then as we blocked it and spiked it to the other side, they received as Daichi-San dives for the ball and passes it to Noya-San and he gets it to Tanaka-San as it gets over the net!!!

But.... I see.... Daichi-san... down on the floor. "Daichi-San!" I didn't like anyone getting hurt and seeing blood as I run to his side.

It seems that Tanaka-San and Daichi-San collided!!! But we had 17-20 but I see his lip bleeding as I cover my eyes because I don't wanna see it. They take him off the court and Ennoshita-San comes in instead.

"I'm sorry Ennoshita.." "is it because you collided with Daichi-San? Both of you could have gotten hurt just now. what we're all thinking is... Asako-chan. If you would, please." "it's a good thing you're not hurt!!" I say with a smile as we continue the match.

Then they take a point from us as they score another one "alright, bring it on!!" Ennoshita-San says out loud as we focus on the game and Ennoshita-San gets it in the air!

Then Asahi-San spiked it in!! "Nice Ennoshita-San!" I say with a smirk as I focus on the game and then the other team scores. "beeeeep!" The whistle goes as Yamaguchi comes in as a pinch server and as he served, I saw his form wasn't right but he manages to get it over the net on the other court and then Yamaguchi does a normal serve as we won the 1st set!!!!

"Yay!" We all cheered but then Wakunan won the 2nd set. Then as the captain spikes it, it deflects off my hands but I then run really fast and receive it to Tobio as I did a flying leap smoothly and spiked it to the other court!!!

Then Tobio gets a serve point but then they receive it as we kept taking points each turn and but then Ennoshita-San receives it as I purposely hit it softly on his palm as it goes back to Noya-San. Then I did a fake spike as Tanaka-San spikes it through!!

We kept scoring points and now it's 23-24 us winning. Then as the ball got deflected off our fingers, Ennoshita-San got the ball back in court as Himata uses his full power as he scores it in!!!!

Then we met Daichi-San as I ran up to him "did you go to the hospital??" I was curious "no I didn't Asako-chan, no need to worry." I wipe a tear away as I say with a cheeky smile "that's good, you bastard of a captain!"

"Daichi-San! You made Asako-chan worry about your state!!! It was like... that.... time...." Tanaka-San says as he looks at Tobio and Hinata and gets cheery again.

Then I wear my jersey jacket as we watch Aoba Jousai vs. Datekou, but Aoba Jousai won the match 2-0!!

We get ready for our match against Aoba Jousai as I was getting the jitters. "Hey Asako." Kei sits beside me as he says "you're scared aren't you?" "N-no I'm not!!" I look away blushing as Hinata come seeing me in my state as he yells out in a tune "ASAKO HAS A CRUS~" I then smacked Hinata really hard on the stomach as he falls sown in pain "shut up short stuff."

Kei smirks and chuckles as I forgot about him!! I was a brighter red as I was and he pets my head as he leaves.

Then we go to start the match against Aoba Jousai. But then as we were practising, a ball was heading to Yachi but I walked past as I stop the ball with the side of my hand. "Asako-chan!!!" Yachi hugged me as I struggled to get out of her grip.

As the match starts, Oikawa-San serves first as Daichi-San receives it and as Kindaichi spikes it down but Tobio receives it as I pass it to Noya-San as he tosses it to Asahi-San and we score a point!!!

"High Five!" I yelled out. Then Tobio spikes but it was out of bounds! Then they serve as Asahi-San receives and Tanaka-San spikes it!!!

Then I was waiting for a spike so much that I was kicked by Tobio on the back!!! "Tobio!" "Keep... your... put ...head .... Asako!" I then do a 1 touch as it was my turn to shine and I spike it straight down!

We then score another point again! Then they score a point as it was us winning 18-17. Then I go up for a spike as one of the third years blocked me from doing a cross spike as I was forced to do a straight spike and they scored a point!!!
Then Oikawa-San serves but it was more like a spike but it was out!!!
It was 24-23. Then Kunimi switches with a new player?

Then as it was their turn to spike, it was pretty obvious that it was for Kindaichi but the new player ran to the ball and hit it down but it was out!!

We won the 1st set!!! Then as the 2nd set starts, we serve but it's out of bounds but Oikawa-San serves as it was out of bounds. Then we serve as they receive and I hear "here Mad Dog-chan!" Oikawa-San tosses it to the new player as he spikes it inside the blockers just on the attack line!!!

Then they win another point and another but instead of using Mad Dog-chan, they used Kindaichi's broad attack and won another point again making us behind 5-2. Then they serve as we receive as it goes on the other side of the net and they toss as we blocked but Mad Dog-chan still hit it really hard on our blocks as it went on their court!

"You've gotta attack at full power, or it won't feel satisfying at all!!" He says then finally one of their spikes go through!! Then it was 13-8, as they were planning to bring out Sugawara-San. Then Oikawa-San serves as it went to out court smoothly!!! Then he serves again but it touches the net as Noya-San receives it and Tanaka-San spikes it!!! Sugawara-San switches with Kei as Sugawara-San does a feint on Mad Dog-chan and they spike but I receive it as it goes to Hinata and he spikes it!!!

To Be Continued...