Chapter 6

I haven't worn my jersey, just a white tight shirt and shorts with the Karasuno Volleyball Team jacket around my waist and white sneakers.
We head to the inter high as we all gather behind the guy that said "Karasuno was the one who used to be strong.... now they got this lame-ass nickname y'know? I'm pretty sure it was.... the fallen champions, the flightless crows." I frowned as I passed the guy and Tanaka-San was about to pick another fight again. Then I stick to Kiyoko-San as I hear some guys say "hey look at the cuties there~."

Then Noya-San and Tanaka-San goes around us with a fierce look at the people as Kiyoko-San hit them!!! I then went to Tobio as we meet upon Datekou.... As we gathered in our area, I was shaking from the height of the guys then Asahi-San said " think of the most scariest thing you've ever experienced." it took me a while to think as my mind remembered about To....bi....o....

I then went from nervous mode to peaceful mode!!! I changed to my jersey but some of the guys were staring at me for a sec but then Tobio used his jacket to cover me as I changed.
Then we headed into the gym to get ready for our first match. Then we see Aoba Jousai as Oikawa-San says "hey there! Tobio-san~! Asako-chan~! Shorty~! How's the oddball combination doing?"
We then start as we go against Tokonami High School!!!
Tanaka-San and Asahi-San already score a point as I get impatient and as Tobio tosses to me, I jump high as I spike it quick and hard with the look in my eyes!!!

We have already won one set as it was the 2nd set with us winning 21-12!!! We won the set with 25-14 as I had the look in my eyes that craved for victory. We were up against Datekou as they had some really tall blockers!!!
But the problem was that the blockers did lead blocking... which meant we couldn't fool them with the decoy easily....
We won the 1st set as they knew all our tricks and as Hinata and I were in the back, it was Asahi-San in the vanguard now but as Asahi-San spikes it but go blocked, I wanted to receive it but it wouldn't reach in time so I got my foot under it in a second by reflex so it would curve to Tobio and Tobio tosses it to Asahi-San as he spikes it but it's a netball but it still got to the other side of the court!!! Giving us a point!!!!

We cheered on as we head on our bus to the way to school as I stayed awake since I had an adrenaline that wouldn't stop on my command.

~next day~
We were having our 3rd round against Aoba Jousai "hey there, Tobio-San. Asako-chan. I came to defeat you guys, so try to do your best." I was pissed off at him but I stayed calm. "I won't be able to play this match, Oikawa-san." I say in a voice that gave Tobio the chills down his spine as Oikawa-San said "aww. I thought I'll be able to beat you today~. Well next time~!" He smiled as he left and I was pissed off and clenched my fists as I sat on the bench.

~end of the match~
We were defeated as I sit there with my eyes wide open.... Why couldn't I have played the match.... why....
As I go with Tobio and Hinata as they wash their heads and I sat there with a blank expression as I didn't know.... for the first time.... How to cheer them both up.....
As Coach Ukai-kun treated us to dinner "eat up, eat all you want." we ate silently as I finished early and drank a smoothie as the guys cried and I cried along to let my frustrations out...

~last day of inter high~
It was lunchtime and I didn't want to eat lunch so I ran to gym to play volleyball as I saw Tobio and Hinata playing volleyball. Then Hinata and Tobio get pissed off of not getting to play more games as they scream and run around until they get tired but then Kiyoko-San comes in as I ask "Kiyoko-San! Will the third years be staying??" "It'll be the same Asako." She smiles as I smile back and thank her as Tobio, Hinata and I go eat lunch!!!

We waited at practise for the 3rd years to come..... "sorry we're late!!! We're going to spring high preliminaries!!" Then Take-San comes running in as he says "we're going to Tokyo right??" We all cheered as Take-San added "but next month you know you have final exams right?" Tobio, Hinata, Tanaki-San and Noya-San panic but Take-San added "and the vice principal said that if Kageyama and Hinata take supplementary lessons, Asako-chan will have to stay with them until they're done!" I then had my mouth wide open as I fell face flat on the ground as I said hopelessly "don't fail on me. don't fail on me. don't fail on me. don't fail on me." I said it really fast and quiet as I stared deep down in Tobio and Hinata's soul....

"Tobio.... Hinata..... You better not fail...." I had the color in my eyes fading away as they got scared of me. "We're going to Tokyo no matter what."

The 1st year duo were being taught by Kei and I.

~next day~
As we were practising, Kiyoko-San comes in with.... a small blonde girl.... Named Yachi....
I hid behind Sugawara-San shyly as I try to approach her "my-my name is...-" I trip as I regain my balance "Koemi Asako!" "H-hi!"

After practise, I dragged Tobio and Hinata with me as I enter class 5 as some of the guys were staring at me like Kiyoko-san... I then walk up to Yachi as I ask "remember me Yachi? This is Hinata and this is Kageyama, can you teach them english, please!" I ask as I bow quickly!!

They copied their notes down as we thank her and as she visited our practise, I chatted with her and Kiyoko-San while I was playing and while the ball was about to hit Yachi.........
I manage to hit it back in court!!
"We will move past our bitter losing experience against Aoba as we develop from it got it??"
"YEAAAAAHH!!!!"

To Be Continued....