3 | Nero

______________

Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

"The message coming from my eyes, says leave it alone

"The message coming from my eyes, says leave it alone."

______________

2258
__________

"No! Stop the ship; we can't go! We have to stop the ship," Y/N ran in front of the Captain's chair, looking out to space.

"PV, what are you talking about?" Pike looked at the frantic woman.

"We have to stop-" Y/N was cut off by the turbolift opening to a yelling, Kirk, Bones and Uhura.

"Captain! Captain Pike, sir. We have to stop the ship," Kirk breathed out.

"Kirk, how the hell did you get on board the Enterprise?" Pike stood from his chair.

"Captain, this man's under the influence of a server reaction to a vaccine. He's completely delusional, and I take full responsibility-" McCoy tried to cover for Kirk.

"That doesn't matter!" Y/N cut off McCoy, "we have to stop the ship!" She stood tall, everyone looking at her, "Vulcan is not experiencing a natural disaster, it's-"

"It's being attacked by Romulans," Kirk met Y/N's gaze.

"Romulans? Cadet Kirk, I think you've had enough attention for one day, McCoy, take him back to Medical, we'll have words later," Pike looked at Kirk, then turned to his daughter, "as for you, Cheif PV, I thought you didn't believe in-"

Y/N looked at Kirk, knowing he was thinking the same thing; she gave McCoy a look that could kill, him releasing Kirk as she grabbed his arm and pulled him beside her. "Captain, this anomaly we saw today isn't a-"

"Mr. Kirk is not cleared to be aboard this vessel, Captain," Spock spoke up.

"Look, I get it, you're a great arguer," Kirk spoke as Spock stated Regulation. "I'd love to do it again."

"By Regulation that makes him a stowaway, I can remove the Cadet-"

"Try it! This Cadet is trying to save the Bridge," Kirk glared at Spock.

"By recommending a full stop mid-warp during a rescue mission?"

"It's not a rescue mission; listen to me, it's an attack," Kirk looked at the Captain.

"Based on what facts?" Spock spoke up.

Kirk looked over at Spock, "the same anomaly. A lightning storm in space that we saw today also occurred on the day of my birth, before a Romulan ship attacked the U.S.S Kelvin." Kirk then looked at Pike, "you know that sir, I read your dissertation. That ship which had formidable and advanced weaponry, was never seen or heard from again. The Kelvin attack took place on the edge of Klingon space, and at 2300 hours last night, there was an attack, forty-seven Klingon warbirds destroyed by Romulans. It was reported that the Romulans were in one ship, one massive ship."