2 | Things Change

______________

Yellow Flicker Beat by Lorde

"This is the start of how it all ends

"This is the start of how it all ends."

______________

2258
__________

During the next three years, Pike continued to serve as a recruiting officer at Starfleet.

Jim attended Starfleet Academy; he aced his schooling and slid through his courses, also making a lifelong friend named Bones. And three years later, the two walked through Starfleet campus, "as I was saying, I still can't find anything on her. She's a ghost," Kirk shrugged.

"She's someone who doesn't care for you," Bones pointed out, "what, it's been three years, and she hasn't appeared? The last thing she actually said to you was I dare you to do better," he teased his friend.

"No, but if I could just find her," Kirk huffed, "all her files were either erased, or they're confidential, you need a password, handprint, voice recognition and eye scan to get into the first firewall or to bypass all of them there's a secret way of getting in, but it's not from earth."

"I think this woman is way too smart and dangerous? Is that the right word?" Bones asked more himself, "yes, dangerous. If her files are that secret, how much is she hiding?"

"Whatever, last time I talk to you about her."

"You've been saying that for three god-damn years."

"Anyways, I'm taking the test again," Kirk said, changing the subject.

"You've gotta be kidding me."

"Yea, tomorrow morning and I want you to be there."

"You know, I've got better things to do than watch you embarrass yourself for the third time. I'm a doctor, Jim; I'm busy."

"Bones, it doesn't bother you that no ones ever passed the test?"

"Jim, it's the Kobayashi Maru. No one passes the test," Bones grumbled when Kirk stopped him. "And no one goes back for seconds, let alone thirds."

"I gotta study," Kirk patted the man on the chest, leaving.

"Study my ass," Bones grumbled, walking away.

The next day, Kirk took the test, leading to where Y/N stood now.

The past three years have been busy for her. She physically is 22-year-old, but from when she was originally born, she is much older... Y/N was busy on a mission, whether that included saving a dying planet, captured aliens, stopping alien trafficking, killing an alien dictator trying to take over multiple planets; she was always on her toes.