1 | Its Worth A Shot

______________

Supermassive Black Hole by Muse

"Oooo, you set my soul alight."

______________

2255
__________

Y/N walked into a small bar in Iowa, on Earth; new club music flowed through the air, purple and blue lights lit up the bar's background. The young woman walked through the crowd of Starfleet cadets, humans and aliens mingling, having fun. Y/N smiled and greeted a few people, waved to a few others. "Hey, Uhura," she smiled.

"Hey, Y/N," the women hugged her and chatted for a bit; Y/N met Uhura when she would go to read in the Starfleet Library when she was waiting for missions, that's when Uhura offered a book recommendation, and they clicked ever since.

After a little bit of catching up, Y/N continued to the bar. "Hi, I'd like an Aldeberan Whiskey, please," she smiled at the bartender.

"Celebrating, are we?"

Y/N looked back at the bartender, "no, I just like the good stuff," she winked as he laughed, going to grab her drink.

"Someone has good taste," a tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed man smiled, leaning against the bar, beside the woman.

"Yes, I do," Y/N smirked; she always was confident.

"Sassy one, aren't ya," he smirked, leaning closer.

"You have no idea," she smirked and noticed the man had had a few too many drinks.

"Well, you know, we could get along real good."

"I doubt that," she chuckled with a roll of her eyes; she then grabbed her Aldeberan Whiskey, taking a sip.

"Don't you want to at least know my name before you completely reject me?" The man raised a brow as she looked him up and down.

"I've been fine without it so far," she sassed, already knowing who he was.

"That's true; you are fine without it," he winked, looking her up and down. "It's Jim, Jim Kirk." He waited for the woman to answer, "if you don't tell me your name, I'm gonna have to make one up."

"It's Y/N," she looked up at Kirk.

"Y/N? No way!" He chuckled, "that's the name I was going to make up for you. Y/N what?"

"Just Y/N."

"They don't have last names in your world?"

"No, they do," she nodded, "I actually have two, but I don't need a lost puppy following me everywhere."