Chapter 9 Grievers

I walked to my hut and sat on my bed I was tired but I don't want to sleep I decided I needed to anyways cause I was running tomorrow.

•I was sitting at a table, the rat man came out of the door infront of me with a plate of food. "Here" he said aggressively. I don't trust him so I pushed it back towards him. "What you wanna go back to being starving?"he asked aggressively again.

I realized I was really hungry so I ate it. I suddenly felt a pain in my stomach and started coughing up black liquid. "Tummy ache" he said with a smirk.

I collapsed on the ground still coughing. "Just help us and we'll stop torturing you and your little boyfriend newt" he said still smirking "never" I said in between coughs. "Bad choice Sam" he said before walking out•

I woke up crying. It was wayyyy early so I went up to the tower as normal. I sat up there and wrote what happened in my dream in my diary as normal.

I started cause newt said it would be a good idea. It's kind of my therapy. I went down knowing Minho was going to meet me in about 30 min.

I got changed and did my hair. I decided to skip breakfast and didn't grab my lunch thabks to my dream I didn't want to eat. I'm now scared my dream could happen... again... if it's real.

I walked over to me and minho meeting spot and he came over. "Ready?" He said. "Yeah let's go" I said already exhausted.

We ran into the maze and started jogging. "Sam are you ok, you seem... out of if" Minho said between breaths. "I'm fine just didn't get much sleep last night" I said trying to assure him. I could tell he didn't believe me but he didn't try to ask again.

We ran back into the glade around lunch as we finished our route early. Newt and Alby came over to us. "Why are you guys back so early." Alby asked glaring at me.

"We finished early" i stated quickly. "Great well can one of you take me into the maze we should figure out where Ben went before he disappeared" Alby said.

I started getting tears in my eyes at the mention of Ben. Minho saw this and volunteered to go. They ran off into the maze.

I just decided to relax the rest of the day. When Alby and Minho haven't gotten back at the normal time I started to get worried. After another 30 minutes I went to the door with a few other gladers.

It was silent and everyone was worried. "What if they don't make it back" Tomas said breaking the silence. Newt shot back "there gonna make it"

The doors started to move and I saw Minho and Alby turn the corner. "MINHO" I yelled I realized Alby was hurt. "He's not gonna make it" I said to newt over the noise.

The doors were about 3 feet away from closing and I decided to act on impulse. I whispered to newt "I'm sorry" and I sprinted into the maze.

I could feel newt trying to grab me but he couldn't and I slipped into the maze. The doors closed behind me and I ran over to Minho.

"What happened" i said concerned. "He got stung" Minho said out of breath. "The maze is already changing let's hide him somewhere" MINHO looked at me with fire in his eyes

H grabbed me by my shirt and pushed me against the wall, "where huh? Where do you want to hide him? There's no where to go" he screamed at me. "Minho" I whispered.

He ran off. I yelled after him "MINHO WAIT" he didn't look back and he kept running. I hid Alby in some vines just on the floor and started running.

After a while I took a break and I looked to my right and there was a hideous monster staring at me "oh shit" I started sprinting with the griever chasing after me.

I ran as fast as possible until I saw a wall closing. I ran through it and started screaming trying to get the griever to follow. The door shut killing the griever.

I started running back to the door and I tripped over a rock hurting my ankle really bad. "Shit, I think I broke it" I said to myself as I tried to sit up.
——————
NEWTS POV

I was devastated when Sam ran into the maze. I tried to grab her but I couldn't help her.

It was morning now and I walked over to the doors hoping she would come back. I was about to walk away when I saw Minho and Alby.

"MINHO" I screamed excitedly. "Wait where's Sam?" MINHO looked at me, "I'm sorry newt i don't know where she is, but um...she killed a griver"

I stared at him in shock "how do you know" Minho took a deep breath and said "there was a griever stuck in a wall I passed.

"Sam could be alive then" I said still shocked. "Let's send out a search party" i said confidently. Minho looked at me "newt that's against the rules" I looked at Minho annoyed. "Alby is unconscious meaning I make the decisions right now, send out a search party NOW"