10. Lovey Dovey Parents

December 25, 1959

Bella's P.O.V.

It was 10 am on Christmas morning and I woke up to the sound of pots clanging down stairs. I smelt bacon and eggs as soon as I made it to the bottom of the steps.

"Good morning Bella." My mother said when I entered the room.

"Morning" I replied, still half asleep.

"We're going to open presents after breakfast." My father stated glancing up momentarily from the paper he was reading.

Yes, my parents or "Santa" still bring me presents. They want me be their little baby as long as I can.

We finished breakfast and I sat on the living room floor until my parents came into the room. I opened my first present. An Elvis record.

"I love it but.. I don't have a record player. Mine broke last month remember?" I had to admit I was disappointed I wouldn't get to hear Elvis's angelic voice.

"Well I wonder if this will help." My dad said as he pulled out a brand new record player which was way better than my last.

"I love you!" I squealed as I quickly grabbed it from his hands and began to set it up.

"Be careful or you'll break this one too!" My mother screamed. I opened a few more presents before my parents spoke up.

"Bella, your mother and I were planning on flying to see your grandmother. We figured since you're 16 you're old enough to stay alone for just a week. But no boys at this house. Do you hear me?" My mother told me.

"Yes" I smiled trying to not seem too excited.

There was a knock at the door and my father walked over to answer it. Moments later George walked into the room. He was dressed very casual instead of his usual leather thanks to my parents.

"George!" I squealed and jumped up to hug him. I had probably looked like a 5 year old since I was surrounded by presents and wrapping paper.

"Hey, I was uhh wondering if you want to go out tonight?" He said rubbing the back of his neck.

I looked at my father who was standing behind George, giving me a concerned look. "Is that ok?" I asked my dad.

He paused for a moment before looking to my mom. She thought about it before a smile came across her face and she nodded.

"Thank you." I smiled.

My mom had went back to the kitchen to clean up while my father went to begin packing.

"Where are we going tonight?" I asked George.

"We 'ave to play at the cavern and I thought ye might like to come." He said a bit quiter so my parents wouldn't hear.

"Sounds fun." A devilish grin playing across my lips.

"Okay. See you tonight." He smiled and kissed my forehead.

When George left I brought my things up to my room and went to talk to my mother in the kitchen.

"When are you and dad leaving?" I asked as I sat at the table.

"Tomorrow around noon." She replied.

"Short notice don't you think?" She laughed.

"We have been planning this for a while. We didn't say anything because we weren't sure if we'd be free." She responded. "Tea?"

"Are you going English on me now?" I laughed. "I would love some tea, mum." I said in a mocking Liverpool accent.

She laughed and pulled out two cups from the cupboard and filled them with tea. She brought them over setting one infront of me and sitting in the seat next to me.

"So tell me about this George?" I was taken back by her question. I didn't think she cared for him.

"He's sweet. He's quite shy too but it's cute. He's also...." I trailed off, not sure if I should tell my mom about George being in a band.

"He's also what?" She said taking another sip of tea.

"He's also in a band... with Paul and John." I was terrified to hear her response.

"Oh really? What's the name of their band?" She smiled.

It's. A. Christmas. Miracle.

"The Quarrymen." I replied, confusion thick in my voice. I nervously laughed.

"Well, they sound fantastic sweetheart." She said standing up from her chair. "I'm going to go pack for our trip now." She said kissing the top of my head.

5 hours later.

I had just finished getting ready as I sat in my room listening to my new Elvis vinyl. I was wearing nicer clothes and I had a change of clothes in my bag so my parents wouldn't change their minds about George. They finally came around and let me see him. I wasn't going to ruin that just because of the way I'm starting to dress. There was knock on my bedroom door before my mother walked in.

"George is here." She smiled.

I still found this a very strange. My parents have been acting different the past week or two. They've been very..... loving and happy. More than usual. Not just towards George and I but towards each other... Almost as if it were all fake.

I walked down the steps to see a well dressed George talking to my dad.

"So where are you taking my daughter?" My dad asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I was thinking to the cinema or out to eat. Whatever Bella would like." George said, smiling at me.

"Food sounds nice." I said as looked over to George.

"Alright. Just have her back by 10:30." My father replied.

"I will." George replied.

We walked out the door and George reached over grabbing a bag from the bushes as we went to Paul's house. George knocked on the door and moments later Paul answered the door.

"There ye two are." He said, motioning for us to come inside. "Go change so we can leave."

Once we were ready, we left Paul's making sure my parents weren't outside. We walked the opposite way of my house to the Cavern. It was quiet until Paul spoke up.

"So are you two dating now?" Paul asked, interrupting the silence.

I froze. George and I never really talked about where we stood. I wasn't sure what to say. I didn't want to say we were and creep him out or ruin it all. I also didn't want to say we weren't and make him think I don t like him.

"Yeah, we are." George spoke up as he grabbed my hand. I felt my cheeks turning bright red. I screamed inside.

I looked over at Paul, his eyes watching when George grabbed my hand interlocking our fingers. A hint of jealousy flashed over his face for just a moment before looking away.

I actually felt bad I didn't give him a second chance or even try to talk about what happened at the drive in sooner. I do like Paul. I just felt he was moving to fast and that he would try something again if I gave him that second chance. Then I remembered the promise I made him. I did want to give Paul a second chance. I really do like him but I like George more to not want to hurt him. I hope nothing happens to ruin what I have with George...