08. Glimpse of the Past

Bella's P.O.V.

Once my house was out of sight I made my way to the Cavern. I became cold and put on George's jacket. I stuffed my hands into the pockets. I thought of ways I could explain why I hadn't told my parents about him but I couldn't. I mean how do you just tell someone your parents don't like them?

I arrived at the Cavern and slowly made my way inside. I nervously looked around for George. Half of me hoping to find him and the other half hoping he wouldn't be there so I could go back home.

I squealed when a pair of arms wrapped around me and carried me off somewhere.

"Put me down!" I screamed as they carried me backstage. I tried wiggling out of their grasp but they had a tight grip around my arms. I tried to turn to see who was carrying me but I couldn't turn far enough.

Once we were backstage they put me down and I turned to face John.

"You gave me a heart attack!" I screamed, slapping his arm.

"I'm sorry I thought ye'd like to come backstage." He laughed.

"Is George here?" I asked in a more serious tone.

"Yeah he is. Is something wrong?" He looked at me concerned.

"It's just... My parents aren't to fond of George.." I looked down.

"Why not? He's a nice bloke."

"I know he is! They are just over protective. It's the way he dresses and the fact that he's in a band. Some things happened bef-"

"Is that what this was all about?" I turned to see an angry George. "Your parents don't like me?"

John had walked away at this point.

"No, George. It's not-"

"Save it. I have a show to do." He picked up his guitar before walking onto the stage.

"George!" I called after him but he was already on stage.

I went back out to wait for them to finish. I had a drink.....or multiple. By the time they finished it was 2 a.m. and I was completely drunk. I stumbled backstage over to George throwing one arm over his shoulder.

George's P.O.V.

"Ello George" she said mocking my accent.

"Bella, are you drunk?" I wrapped my arm around her waist helping her keep her balance.

"Maybeee" She slurred and poked my nose.

"I'm taking you home." I said walking her out the door.

"My parents can't see me like this" She said draping her other arm across my chest.

"Fine. I'll take ye back to my place." Her parents already hated me. I didn't need them thinking I got their daughter drunk also.

"Thanks Geo" She said laying her head on my shoulder.

When we made it back to my house I snuck her upstairs careful not to wake my parents.

"Geo I like you....a lot" She slurred as I shut my bedroom door. I turned and helped her take off her shoes and she watched.

"Bella, ye need some rest. Lie down." I said motioning to the bed. She laid down scooting to the other end of the bed.

"You don't like me back Geo?" She pouted. I laid down beside her and turned to my side to face her propping up on my elbow.

"I do, Bella. But you're drunk now get some re-" I was cut off when she kissed my lips.

I kissed back soon after. The kiss deepened as I pulled her closer to me. Her hands moving to my hair. I pulled away looking into her eyes. She looked at me confused.