02. New Friends

Bella's P.O.V.

I woke up around 9 the next morning and decided it'd be a good idea to get up now or I never will. I walked downstairs to see my dad in the recliner watching Gunsmoke on the telly. I sat and watched an episode with him until My mom made breakfast and grabbed a plate and sat at the table with my parents.

"Bella, your father and I talked it over and we think it's okay if you go with Paul today."

"Thank you so much!" I screamed when my mother stuck her finger in the air.

"But, you have to check in by two. I dont care if you call or stop by but, if we do not here from you before two you're grounded."

"Okay!" I smiled and checked the clock on the wall. It was already 10:30 so I scarfed down my food and ran up the steps. I threw on my yellow dress and white flats again and brushed threw my already straight hair not worrying to much of it. I fixed my makeup and headed down the stairs just when there was a knock at the door. I opened the door to see Paul in the doorway wearing dark jeans and a leather jacket with grease all in his hair and a guitar in hand. I stood there, bewildered, at his appearance. He didn't look bad. He looked really good actually but, it was definitely not what I expected.

"Ello' love" A grin across his face.

"Ello'" I said in a mocking tone as I waved to my parents and shut the door before they saw Paul and had second thoughts. I wouldn't want them to think he was a bad boy now would I?

We walked down to the art school where Paul's friend went. It wasn't too far of a walk.

"So why did ye move to Liverpool?" Paul asked, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"My dad got a job at the University." I said not sounding to thrilled.

"How ye likin' Liverpool?"

"It was a bit of a drag until I met you" I said looking over at Paul as he looked at the ground and I watched as his cheeks turned bright red.

We walked up the steps of the college and towards the canteen when a coupled of guys dressed much like Paul started waving towards us. Paul walked over to the table the group of guys were sitting at as I followed behind.

"Who's the bird?" A guy a bit older than Paul asked as he nodded towards me.

"This 'ere is Bella my new neighbor. She's from New York" Paul said mocking my accent when he said New York and moving from in front of me when the older guy stood up.

"Oh so this is the bird you called me 'bout. I'm John Lennon." He said smiling at me when Paul smacked his arm.

John turned back to the table, pointing to the other lads at the table.
"And this is George and that's Stuart." George smiled and blushed a little as we made eye contact. I must say he was quite attractive.

I waved and sat down beside Paul at the table and across from George. I noticed they all had guitars except Stuart. We talked for a while and the guys played a few songs. I noticed I was staring at George when he caught me and smiled. I realized it was 1:43 and decided I should go ahead and call my mom.

"Do you know where I can find a phone around here?" I asked when John looked over.

"I'll take ye. Follow me." He said motioning for me to come. I stood up and followed him out of the canteen and down the hall.

"Ye 'ave a crush on Paul. Don't ya?" He asked catching me off-guard.

"What? Why would you think that?"

"Ive seen the way ye look at em' and ye didn't deny it" He looked at me with the biggest grin on his face.

"Zip it, Lennon." I shot him a glare and he just laughed and went back to the canteen as I called my house.