09. Christmas Dinner & Approval

Bella's P.O.V.

I woke up around noon the next day. I went to the kitchen reading the note my mother left.

"Gone to work. You are not allowed to leave this house. You're grounded remember that.

- Love, Mom."

I rolled my eyes and making some toast and a glass of orange juice. The telephone rang moments later.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Bella? It's Paul. I was wondering if I could come over." I froze. What does he want? I thought about the letter my momleft. She said I couldn't leave. She never said I couldn't have someone over.

"Yeah. That's fine." Uncertainty in my voice.

"I'll be right over." He answered before hanging up the phone.

Minutes later there was a knock at my door.

"Come in" I moved out of the doorway and motioned for him to come inside. He did so.

"Bella I just wanted to apologize for what happened on our date. I shouldn't have tried anything." He said waiting for my reaction.

"Oh that's alright I guess" I looked at him confused. He took a step closer closing the gap between us.

"You're so sweet and innocent. I shouldn't have done that." He tucked a hair behind my ear as his eyes flickered across my face.

I put my hand against his chest and pushed him away. Confusion shooting across his face.

"I like George. A lot. You had your chance." I stated. "We can be friends?"

"Promise me something?"

"What's that?"

"If things don't work out with George.. You'll give me another chance."

"I promise." He nodded in response and made his way to the door.

"I'll see ye around." He said before walking out the door.

December 24, 1959

About a week or two later it was finally Christmas Eve. My parents still hate the idea of me hanging out with George. My father was a bit more lenient than my mother though. They absolutely adored Paul though. Only because he dressed pretty decent when he came over to my house instead of his usual leather clothing. We had been hanging out more frequently since we became friends. I would sneak out a few times to go the Cavern with the guys. Other times I would walk out. I became more rebellious over past month that I had known them.

But, tonight I had to stay in for a special Christmas dinner we have every year although this time it would only be me and my parents since we moved so far from the rest of our family and friends.

"Bella your father and I would like to talk to you." My mother said walking into the living room with my dad.

I turned off the Telly and looked at them.

"We thought it'd be a good idea for you to invite George over tonight for dinner." My father blurted out.

I sat there shocked at the words coming out of their mouths.

"Why?" I asked.

"We thought about it and you're right. We shouldn't judge people by their looks. We need to get to know him before we decide if we like him or not."

I nodded. "I'll call him now."

I made my way to the kitchen phone and dialed George's number.

"Hello?"

"George? It's Bella. My parents wanted me to invite you over for dinner."

"What a surprise. The arses finally comin' round?"

"Not necessarily. Just be on your best behavior. Yeah?"

"Will do."

"And where something decent!" I laughed. "See you at 6" I said before hanging up the phone and heading up stairs to change.

2 hours later.

George would be here any moment for dinner. I slipped on a plain black dress and curled my hair into loose curls.

The door bell rang and I ran steps before my parents could answer it. George stood in the doorway looking particularly nice. His eyes widening when I opened the door.

"Everything alright, Harrison?" I giggled.

"Yeah, you're just... Wow." He smiled. "You're beautiful"

I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "You're not too bad yourself." I smiled. " I'm glad you can follow rules." I giggled as he walked in.

My parents walked into the room moments later.

"Nice to meet you, George." My father said extending his arm to shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you too, sir." He said shaking his hand.

This is going to be a long night.

We sat down for dinner and the questions began.

"So tell me where do you go to school?" My father asked.

"Liverpool Institute" George replied.

"How did you meet Bella?" This one asked by my mother.

"We met through Paul." He answered.

"Oh you know Paul?" She asked.

"Yes. We're in a band together."

My parents almost choked when he said this.

"You're in a band?" My mother asked trying to make it sound casual but you could hear the concern in her voice.

"Yes"

"What do you play?" My father surprisingly asked seeming calm.

"I play lead guitar."

The rest of the evening was spent with my parents asking George about every aspect of his life from his family to his plans for the future.

Dinner was finally finished and I walked George to the door.

"I'm sorry about my parents they can be a bit-"

I was interrupted by George planting his lips on mine.

"-nosy" I finished.

"I've been waiting to do that since I got here." He replied.

I smiled and through my arms around his shoulders kissing him again.

I pulled away afraid my parents were going to walk in. I didnt want to ruin what could possibly be going well between them and George.

"See you tomorrow?" He asked.

"Sounds like a date." He smiled and walked out as I shit the door behind him.

I went back to the kitchen to hear my parents opinions.

"Soooo?" I said sitting at the counter.

"He's a nice boy." My mother answered. "I'll let you be around him. But one slip up and he's gone."

I smiled. "Thank you" I squealed and through my arms around her.

"You're welcome. Now go get some sleep." She added.

I nodded and made my way to my room. I crawled into bed and drifted to sleep to the sound of Paul's guitar next door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note: I'm sorry that this chapter is so lame.