01. New House New Problems

Bella's P.O.V

It was November of 1959, I had just moved from New York to Liverpool, England because my father found a new job at a University. I've only been in Liverpool for a half hour and It's already a drag.

We finally arrived on our street as I looked at the row of identical houses wondering if I'll ever remember which is mine. We pulled up to the house and quickly got out and grabbed most of my things. My parents had our furniture moved in a couple days before so I only had to unpack my clothes and a few other small things. I went up the stairs searching for my new room and setting my things on my bed.

"Bella! Come downstairs! I need your help unpacking the dishes!"

"Be down in a second!"

I went down stairs and into the kitchen to see my mom putting up the plates. I grabbed a box off the counter and began working.

"How are you liking Liverpool so far?"

I glared at her because she knew how I felt about the move.

"It's a drag." I spat as I continued to put silverware away.

"It's not that bad, Bella. Give it a chance." She smiled walking over and hugging me.

Soon after my dad walked in with a couple boxes.

"Well, that's the last of them." He said putting them down on the floor.

"Bella, the neighbors are coming over in an hour for dinner so I need you to be ready." I heard my mom say behind me as she grabbed some pots out of a box.

"Why did you invite them tonight?! I didn't even get to unpack yet!"

"Don't argue with your mother. Go get ready for dinner." My dad shot me an angry look for yelling at my mom as I stormed off upstairs.

I took a shower and went into my room I picked out a light pink dress and my white flats. I left my blonde shoulder length hair fall naturally. I put on my eye liner and mascara when there was a knock at the door. I wales to the top of the steps to see my father greeting a man and his two sons around my age.

"Hi, I'm James but you can call me Jim and these are my sons Paul and Mike." The man said pointing to his sons as he said both of their names. They were dressed up quite nice. Not too fancy but still very nice and clean. Then Jim extended his arm to shake my father's hand as my father shook his hand and introduced us.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Vernon and this is my wife Gladys and this is our daughter Bella." He pointed to me as I walked down the steps and smiled making eye contact with the older boy. He smiled and i quickly turned away feeling my cheeks heat up.

We made our way to the kitchen and sat at the table my parents sitting beside each other, Jim to the right of my father, then Mike, then Paul, and then me. Our parents talked about their jobs and every other boring thing an adult would talk about at dinner. As for me, I tried to stay quiet afraid I might blush if I just looked at Paul until he started a conversation.

"So, Ye like Little Richard?" he asked while taking another bite. I was a bit surprised he didn't seem like the rock'n'roll type from how he was dressed. He looked sophisticated maybe?

"Yea, I'm more into Chuck Berry and Elvis though."

"Oh, really? My mate John loves Berry. You'd like em'. We meet up at the college. Why don't ye tag along sometime?"

I thought about it for a moment and realized I probably should meet some more people and I would like to spend time with Paul, he was pretty cute if you ask me.

"That sounds fun. When are you going?"

"Tomorrow at noon. I'll come get ye?"

"Sounds great." I smiled.

"That's an unusual accent. Where are ye from?"

"New York. But if anyone has an unusual accent its you" I said mocking his accent as he laughed.

We talked for another half hour. Paul told me about his friend John and their band and school. When we all finished eating it was getting late and the McCartneys went home. I helped clean up after dinner and decided to go ahead and ask if I can go with Paul tomorrow.

"Mom, do you think I can go with Paul to the college tomorrow for lunch?" I asked nervously knowing how she felt about me going somewhere with an older guy. Paul was 17 and I was only 16. I know it's only a year but to my parents its like a lifetime.

"I'll have to talk to your father first. He seems like a nice boy so i don't see why it would be a problem."

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." I squealed and hugged my mom.

"Don't get to happy. I still need to ask your father. Now get some rest." She said kissing the top of my head.

I went upstairs to my room and changed into my pajamas. I turned off the light and laid down when i heard someone playing Little Richard's "Long Tall Sally" next door and smiled when I realized who it was and fell asleep.