CHAPTER 43 ↠ payday

Start from the beginning

"Hold on. Let me tidy this up."

Bea quickly puts everything in place. Making sure everything in Tommy's office is all right and in its place, Bea locks his doors, then leaves and locks the main doors.

When they are walking towards the Garrison, Bea spots Bonnie.

"Bonnie! Hey!"

He turns back and smiles when he sees her. She jogs to him and embraces him.

"How have you behaving?"

"Ah, better than ever."

Bonnie chuckles, not believing her.

"Bloody have," Bea insists. "Staying out of trouble. Barely going anywhere other than work and Polly's home. Being very responsible, helping Tommy with many businesses."

"Where are you going now?"

"Where do you think?"

"I thought you were going only to work and Polly's home."

"I said I 'barely' went anywhere else. Besides, today is payday."

"Got a lot of money?"

"More than ever. But I've also never really been paid for a month's work. You coming to The Garrison as well?"

"Absolutely, now that you are."

"Let's go then!" Isaiah says wanting to go have a drink.

"I've been busy with work, but first chance I get I want to practice some more boxing with you," Bea says as she walks alongside Bonnie, his arm around her shoulders.

"It's a done deal. I've been practicing almost every day. Getting ready for any potential fight."

"After Goliath, I'm sure there are people wanting to bet on you."

"That there are. Come now," he says pulling her, so they go faster, keeping up with Isaiah. "You're buying me a drink. With your first pay-check."

The Shelby's were in the private room next to the bar. Bea went in just to greet whoever she hadn't seen that day and to tell Tommy, since he was there, that everything was locked.

"Got the keys?"

"How else would I lock it?" Bea asks dumbfounded.

Polly laughs at that, but Tommy just stares.

"Give me the keys," he then orders.

She gets the keys from her pocket and hands them to Tommy, who makes sure to grab her hand as well as the keys, so that she stays close.

He points at her before speaking. "Don't act too smart with me."

"Sorry," Bea says with a chuckle, knowing that Tommy doesn't actually mind it.

"Go on." He looks at the door and sees Isaiah. "Isaiah!" he calls for his attention. "Finn?"

"Oh, huh... he said he didn't feel like drinking today," he says with a grin and glancing at Bea. "He probably had plans with some girl," he adds to see Bea's reaction.