Chapter 20

Frank's POV:

Adrien launched himself at Hazel, apparently deciding that she would be the easiest to get by when he tried to escape. She could have easily dodged, or blocked him with a wall of jewels, or even opened up a tunnel to send him springing into the Dupain-Chengs' kitchen. But for some reason, she just stood there as he plowed her down and took off across the room.

Something inside me just broke as I saw her laying limp on the floor. My vision was rimmed with red, and I felt the blessing of Mars on me like I had in Venice. I turned into a bear and grabbed Adrien. I held him still until Percy and Annabeth could tie him to a chair. Then, I turned back into a human and ran over to where Hazel was.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as she struggled to sit up. "I'm fine." She said. I hugged her. "Why didn't you move?" I asked incredulously. "I-I don't know." She told me. "It was like I was watching it play out outside of my body." I looked over at Nico. "Is that a side effect of the Hades/Pluto life force sensing trance?" I asked him. He shook his head. "I didn't experience that." He told me.

"It was Chaos." Jason said. All heads turned towards him. Then, Adrien let out a strangled scream, reminding everyone about the matter at hand. "Alright." Leo said. "How are we gonna get this guy sane again?" Everyone looked around. Alya finally spoke up. "Well," She said, "He's been pining over Ladybug since he laid eyes on her. Maybe if Marinette transformed and kissed him, he would be pulled back into reality."

All heads turned to Marinette. Her hair had come out of it's pigtails and was hanging loose. She tucked a strand of it behind her ear shyly. "Tikki," She mumbled, "Spots on." In a flash of red light, she turned into Ladybug. Seemingly more confident now, she made her way over to where Adrien was still thrashing.

"Ooh!" Alya jumped up and down. "This is gonna be like the true love's kiss in the movies!" Ladybug bent down and kissed him on the lips. We all waited. Anticipation overtook everyone as we collectively leaned forward. When she finally broke away, he was still totally mad.

"Oh." Piper said. She put a hand to her stomach. "Something's not right. I felt something when you kissed him, but it was smothered. It should've worked." Jason put his arm around her. "What are you talking about, Pipes?" He asked. She snapped her fingers. "It's because you're Ladybug." She turned to Marinette. "Detransform and kiss him again. As Marinette this time." Marinette looked at her apprehensively. "Trust me, I'm the daughter of the love goddess."

Marinette took a deep breath and said, "Tikki, spot's off!" Shyly, as Marinette, she bent down back over Adrien. She kissed him, and after a few seconds he lifted his hand to her face and kissed her back. After a minute, things got a little awkward, and Leo cleared his throat. They broke apart, and both blushed, but one thing was for sure. Adrien was back to normal.

Author's Note:

Hey y'all! I probably won't be able to update tomorrow because of Thanksgiving. So, happy early Thanksgiving (except for my readers in the UK, I don't think y'all celebrate Thanksgiving)! Please comment a 'Happy Thanksgiving!' for me tomorrow! Thanks for reading! :)