Chapter 17

Piper's POV:

Duubu, my kwami, gives me the power of Adoration. I didn't have time to ask exactly what that meant because everybody was already transforming. I has shouted, "Duubu, give me feathers!" Without a second thought. Now, I was standing there looking dumb while everybody else was testing out their powers.

Jason came over to me. "Hey." He said. "What's wrong why aren't you trying out your powers?" He had gotten the eagle miraculous, his father's sacred animal. His suit was brown, with a golden mask around his electric blue eyes. He had white feathers down his arms to make them look like wings. I looked down at my own costume. All white, my costume was the same style as Jason's. 

"I don't exactly know what to do." I told him. "All my kwami said was that I had the power of Adoration." Jason looked at me. "Maybe just think about it the same way you think about charmspeak. Sometimes the greatest power is in subtlety and grace." I stared at him for a minute. "You are the best boyfriend ever." I said, and then kissed him.

After a few tries, I finally figured out my power. When I charmspoke, the miraculous increased my power a hundredfold. I hadn't really even realized that I was charmspeaking, but when I asked Percy to please get me a bottle of water, his hand shot out immediately and he summoned a water bottle by the water inside. "Um, thanks." I told him, and then he walked off. It was a little unsettling honestly.

After a few minutes of practicing my enhanced charmspeak, Percy called us all to the edge of the dock. "Okay." He called, "Has everyone gotten the hang of their new miraculouses yet?" Everyone nodded. "Okay, good." He said. "Now, everyone detransform, feed your kwami, and then we will all go after Adrien as a team."

Everyone nodded again. I walked over to where we had brought some food. "Duubu, take my feathers!" I said. Instantly, I was back to plain old Piper. I asked her what, out of the assorted food options, she liked best. She instantly said chocolates. I laughed, then fed her a piece. I shoved the rest of them into my pocket in case she needed more energy later. I saw everyone else doing the same.

"Piper?" Duubu asked me shyly. "Yes?" I answered. "Why didn't you use the big power of your miraculous?" My eyes widened. "I thought that enhancing my charmspeak was the power." I said. "Well," Duubu said, "enhancing natural beauty and talents is one of the miraculous's powers, but the main one is the ability to project an image that the target finds irresistible. It is similar to Rena Rouge's power of illusion, or your friend Hazel's power over the mist. You can see what the victim wants in his or her heart, and then make a projection of it. This projection you can also touch and hear, but it is not real."

I stared at her. "Really?" I asked. "I should probably try and practice that." Duubu flew up to my face. "Don't worry, it is just a natural instinct of the dove miraculous wearer. Better to save it in case an enemy is watching." My mind flashed to Chaos. "Okay." I said.

Author's Note:

Hey y'all! I am getting really tired of only one person commenting. If anyone has anything to say, I don't care if it's negative or positive, please say it. Even if it's just 'Hi.' or 'I read this fanfic.' Please. Thanks for reading! :)