Chapter 79: You Got It Champ

Start from the beginning

I heard something along those lines 'Bitch' but I didn't mind catching it.

~

"Eww, that's just plainly disgusting." I wiped my hand full of snot on his sweatshirt. I don't care if it is produced by the human body and everyone has snot. If you are ill, still go to a battle and sneeze at someone, at least have the decency to apologize.

It's always the other sex that does these. Disrespectful, brainless, full of themselves, think with their cocks rather than their head and use misogyny on a daily basis.

"That was mean of you."

I turned my head around with a slow pace, looked the man behind me up and down, then continued walking down the street, to a shop that looks like a grocery store.

"You don't care."

"You are right. I don't care."

The man behind me followed me to the shop. Watched me as I stood sideways to the door, fisted my right hand, took it into my other hand and rammed my elbow into the glass door.

It broke and I kicked the rest of the glass down so I could better step inside. The snake of a man followed me short after, his hands in his pockets, the snakes on top of his hair looked like they were dancing, but the man looked like he could either die of boredom or he just knew everything that happened outside and knew every move I made beforehand.

I went down the aisle of health, my eyes skimming the rows of medicine and bandaids. "Did they talk to you guys after you arrived here?"

"Kinda."

I leaned down, read what it would smell like and took one of the lemon scented hand sanitizers.

"Where is Ahma?"

"Don't know."

I turned fully to him. His snake-like-eyes. The pupils were thinner than normally. His eyes were bloodshot. I sighed. "You on drugs even though you are out on a mission?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "We sell 'em. Might as well take some."

Opening the hand sanitizer, I narrowed my eyes at him as I spread the sanitizer over my hands. "How often do I need to tell you that Kazue doesn't like to see you high on drugs while on a mission." Chikashi rolled his eyes slightly, annoyance being his only emotion he has energy to show. "It slows down your reflexes and gets in your mind" we said simultaneously.

"I know that. I'm not a child."

"Then stop acting like one and tell me why they wanted you guys here."

~

My heartbeat fastened as I searched Ahma through all these people. My arms were starting to hurt from swinging them left and right, my tongue felt like sandpaper scraping the top of my mouth.

5 guys ran up to me with a battle cry, and I would have rolled my eyes had I the energy for that. If I heard another person scream before attacking then I'm going to rip someone's throat out.

I swung my arm lazily to the right, making them all crash into a building.

Chishaki walked towards me from my left side as if he didn't have a care in the world. He looked as if he would rather fall asleep than search Ahma.

"Would you at least pretend you cared for her?" It sounded like a whine that came from me, and I internally cringed. That childish act I put up for my classmates popped up like a second personality. A second skin that I couldn't really control.

I should have never accepted that whole pro-hero thing. It ruined everything I had.

"I would if she hadn't had tried to pull my scales out for these crowns that she always has." He looked up with closed eyes and took a deep breath in.

"Your scales are beautiful though. I can't say I wouldn't have done the same if I were her."

"Well if you were me, you would be pissed off too, at someone that tried to pluck them off while you were asleep."

I didn't say anything. He was right. I would have skinned them alive in return.

His stomach grumbled but he ignored it.

"When was the last time you ate?" I asked, blinking away my disappointment. Snakes can survive months without eating, sure. But he always tries his luck with not eating. It's a way he uses to punish himself, that's what he told me, but nothing more. I never pried. Can't set an example either. I do the same. But while he gets high to feel at peace, I workout.

"Probably 3 months ago."

Isn't that long in his terms.

"I have a pretty good looking bird for you if you decide to eat." I offered while looking around slowly.

He chuckled but hid it with a scoff afterwards. "Of course," he looked around with me. "You always do have someone for me to eat."

"What can I say, people piss me off pretty easily." I hit Chishaki with the back of my hand lazily. "Now sniff for me so we can find Ahma faster."

He hissed slightly. A defense mechanism. The snake-like-man took a deep breath in, then out. He started walking north-west and I followed him.

"Looks like they didn't let her loose after all." He mutters.

"What do you mean?"

His hands in his pockets, he nodded towards a really high building that was so far away from us, if we kept going in his pace, we would be there in 20 minutes.

"I was told she would join us, but she never left the building."

1500 words