18: Hospitals means bad news

You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were gray
Whenever I was down
You were always there to comfort me

- A song for Mama, Boys II Men

...

A small ball was formed into the woman's bed that almost resembles that of a hurricane; eyes getting a load of information as the music blares into her earphone wherein the screen shows dozen of models walking with chic temperaments one couldn't bear to look their eyes away from them.

Her hands furiously wrote what she has observed from the video— one that has accompanied her for almost three full days. It was filled out with modeling techniques, the way they moved in technical and precise actions as well as the poses they used for a photoshoot and a catwalk.

Everything was recorded in her notebook and she has read it religiously, memorized every word by heart, and could even practice it in her dreams.

"Rafaelle! You've been hog up in your room for three whole days— come out of there!"

"Ma! I'm studying!" She groans before flicking the sheets tangled up in her legs and moving out of her bed.

Her hands were about to make contact with the doorknob when it opened; her mother was standing there with her hands on her hips and a look of scrutiny.

"Studying? What are you a student? You've already graduated!" Her mother clicked her tongue as she saw the mess in her room. "Come down and eat!"

"But mom I'm on a diet-"

"Diet! Shush! That word isn't in my dictionary now go!" Her mother refused to hear any more of her nonsense and locked her door out.

They soon moved into the dining room where her father, who has almost been out of the state due to some business transaction in Italy, has finally arrived.

"What's the matter, love? Rafaelle, don't stress your mother out, come on honey. Breathe" he lightly scold her.

She watch her father take her mother's arm and sat her into the seat before moving his fingers to her forehead. A look of infatuation and distress glossed over his eyes that gave birth to a round of rolling eyes from her.

'If I get to see this for the rest of my life I would throw up' she thought and shuddered from that.

"Now eat, gather your energy first. Health is wealth, see those skinny arms and legs of models and how they contacted sickness— you better have some meat pm your body first!"

Carolina picked out a bunch of food and put it into Elle's plate and with a determination of witnessing Elle eat her food, her eyes never left her daughters. 

She was now worried sick after learning that her daughter wanted to become a model and now that it came true— it was both a joyful and dreadful turn of fate.

"We'll go to the hospital to make sure your health is fine-" she cast a pointed look at her daughter's face that showed rebelliousness. "-no buts young lady!"

"Listen to your mother, we only want the best for you"

Her husband, Arturo, clenched her hand that he was holding and she did the same.

"Okay," she heard Elle quietly mutter before finishing her food albeit with slight difficulty.

...

"You're going to the hospital, ma?"

I stopped arranging the notes that I have gathered in my three days of being in the marketing department; closed my netbook that was already showing the data that I entered and put it in my bag.