Part - 6

A month has passed since the day Parvati went to Mehra mansion and came to know that Suyash has left India and will probably never come back. The day she came to know  Suyash is gone from her life, has been the beginning of realization of her true feelings for Suyash. By each passing day her realization has become stronger, at first she has tried to ignore her feelings but how long can she lie to herself? It's easier to lie to others than to oneself, and Parvati has accepted in her heart she has fallen in love not with her husband Om but with her best friend Suyash. Her arranged marriage to Om has been her mother's choice which she accepted as an obedient daughter. Her mother instantly liked the marriage proposal suggested by the matchmaker as she had heard good things about Agarwals, a wealthy business family who were searching for a girl for their eldest son; they wanted someone who would hold importance to family values and morals.

Parvati is sitting in bed, with her head between her knees, weeping to herself as she misses Suyash. She hears her mobile ringing and quickly looks at it hoping it's Suyash's call but she is heartbroken realizing  it's Om's call, she ignores the call and cries burying head in between her knees. 

Same night Om comes to Parvati's house to visit her. After the dinner, Parvati and Om are in Parvati's room. She looks at him sadly, she isn't willing to meet him anymore, it has become harder for her to continue their marriage, and bury her true feelings in her heart. 

"Aap ne bataya nahi aap aane wale hai," Parvati says, keeping her gaze fixed to the ground.

"Tumhe call kiya tha lekin tum phone nahi utha rahi thi..." Om replies, Parvati realizes she ignored his call earlier. He steps closer to her and smiles as he says, "aaj kal hum kam milte hai aur phone par bhi hamari baatein kam hoti hai."

She looks at him.

"Gharwale tumhe miss kar rahe hai," He says and hugs her, "aur main bhi."

She doesn't embrace him back and stands numb suppressing her tears. He nuzzles his face on the side of her neck and moves his hand on her back. Unable to bear him close to her, she begins weeping, feeling helpless.  She has never stopped him getting intimate with her earlier fulfilling her duty as his wife but now when her heart belongs to someone else she cannot do it anymore. Om hears her soft cries and pulls back from the hug.

"Kya hua?" He asks, worried.

"Mujhse nahi hoga, Om…" Parvati breaks into tears. He looks at her feeling confused. "Mujhe divorce chahiye please…" She pleads, in between her weepings.

"Yeh tum kya kehrahi ho ?" Om asked.

She cries, she is hesitant at first but she cannot stay quiet anymore. "Main kisi aur se pyaar karti hoon, college mein ek ladka tha…"

Om gives a tight slap across her cheek. She holds her reddened cheek and looks down as more tears fall from her eyes. He storms out of the room in rage, she flumps back into the bed and cries more. While driving he recollects Parvati's words, it infuriates him, he is enraged at his family too. How can they get him married to such a characterless girl ! He increases the speed of the car without caring of other cars and signals, a truck coming from the right direction collides into his car killing him instantly.

Parvati holds herself responsible for Om's death. After his death she has given up her college studies and has decided to devote her life taking care of his family out of her guilt. 

Parvati is pulled out of her aching memories by a loud sound of thunder. She is in her room, sitting on the bed crying to herself. She recollects Suyash's marriage proposal, at first it had been shocking, she never expected nor was aware he loves her, but her heart is elated. This is what she has desired always; to spend her life with Suyash. Her heart is really happy that Suyash loves her just like she loves him, but her guilt doesn't let her to embrace Suyash's love.