Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ

ɴ Kɪɴɢ

Ron rubbed my back as I threw up in the toilet. I thought I was done with my morning sickness but my fuckin' bundle of joy said nah.

"I can let someone else finish my hair. You needa get in bed or something." He spoke concerned.

"Come. I'm fine." I said before brushing my teeth. "Go back downstairs."

He sighed and went.

I joined him shortly after. His head was fixed in his phone.

"Listen, I got some people lookin out fa J. That shit ain't sit right with me."

I nodded as I sat back down and positioned him before going back to doing his hair.

Lʀɴ Kɪɴɢ

Three Months Later

"Fuck..." I exhaled at the girl between my legs. Keisha. She was my favorite.

She grinned.

She stopped when my phone started ringing out of nowhere.

"Mcht, holup." I said answering it.

"Yo?"

"Ay, I got some info on J. Finna pull up on ya." Said the voice.

"Bet." I said hanging up and looking at Keisha who was patiently waiting on me.

"I got bout ten minutes." I started, standing up. "Get on yo back."

15 Minutes Later

"So what you found out?" I asked Rome. He was my dawg. I had him keeping an eye on Josiah ever since cuz told me she peeped some weird shit. I couldn't put none of Vito nem on it cause they might have snitched. I knew Roman was perfect for the job. He be on that CSI investigator shit. Nigga could probably hack Obama's Twitter. That's why you always try to be cool with the quiet niggas in school.

"First of all turn ya phone off, then imma break it down fa you." He started after taking a hit from the blunt he lit for us. I followed his instructions, then took the blunt from him once he was done. "I wanted to try something simple first. So I started with Janet. I found out her lil daily routine n shit. Popped up at fuckin' Starbucks one day, tried to slide on her, she ain't want me. So that shit ain't work."

I let out a laugh.

"His info was a little harder to get a hold of. He really know his shit, but I know more shit. Na tell me sumn, you know this nigga every day route? Like his stops and shit." He asked me, reaching for the blunt.

"That nigga wake up, make his three stops for supplies, come to the trap and supervise them niggas for a couple hours, check up on the lil niggas on our blocks, then he take his ass home. But why you askin' me all this?" I asked getting kinda annoyed.

"You said he make his 3 stops in the mornin..." he said and I nodded.
"Every day since I been watchin him, around 2am, he been goin to this one location with hella bags n shit. He stay for 'bout 30 minutes to an hour. We headed there now." He said pointing to the directions on his phone. I pat my pockets to make sure I was strapped. I looked at the phone again confused.

"This area don't even look familiar." I whispered.

He shrugged. "We just observin' tonight. Not makin' no moves."

I nodded, still confused as to where J was going every night.

After the hour-long drive, we finally made it to the area. Rome parked in some bushes then got out to make sure we couldn't be seen. My heart started beating out of my chest. I ain't even know why I was so nervous. I literally kill niggas. Rome must have noticed cause he lit up another blunt and passed it to me.

"Just relax bruh, we got bout 30 minutes until he get here." He said through his laugh.

We sat in silence for a while before a thought popped into my mind.

"The Dirt." I spoke.

"Nigga, what?"

I explained what The Dirt was to him, and how only J and Ken knew bout it.

...

We had just come back from hittin a lick. We walked in the living room and Ti was sitting there waiting on Ken for their "date". Shit, they wasn't even together yet. I guess cuz was changing a nigga for real.

He walked up to her and gave her a kiss.

"Quick meeting y'all. My room after y'all clean up." J directed. Twenty minutes later I finished up and walked in on them talking quietly.

"Ight." Ken said.

"You did good tonight Reign." J said proudly, calling me by my street name. "So we thought we'd talk to ya bout something important, ight?"

I nodded tryna stay cool and keep my confidence.

"Na, you know we don't like talkin bout death and shit 'roun here cause we play a dangerous game." Ken started, looking me dead in my eyes. "But we needa be prepared for it. We makin' you our next in line. So, if something happen to J, I take ova fa him and you for me... And if somethin' happen to me then you take ova fa me."

"Ight I understand." I said. My throat got tight. I had grown so close to Ken. The thought of something happening to him pissed me off.

"The decision wasn't hard either, if we bein honest. And today was just to confirm."

Ken went on for a while talking about what his job required him to do. Before saying something that stood out.

"Na, The Dirt is still off limits to you fa now, but if the time comes the location will be disclosed to you when necessary."

...

"He probably handling some business..." I said aloud. But the more I thought about it, the more suspicious I became.

If he was handling shit that required goin to The Dirt, he woulda told me and I coulda helped him. My stomach started to turn. Something wasn't right. An intense energy washed over me that made a nigga feel uneasy.

"Oh shit, he here early tonight." Rome whispered.

He had a bag with him as he went and opened the door. He quickly closed and locked it behind him.

We played the waiting game for a little over an hour before J ran to his car, quickly started it, and sped off.