Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴏ

I met Kendrick a couple years ago when my cousin Leron started working for him. I was chilling with him and his boys on a Sunday evening. I had just gotten out of a toxic relationship and being the big cousin he is, wanted to take my mind off of it. We were playing dominoes when I heard a knock at the door. He was taking a shit so I decided to answer it for him.

"RON YOU CALLED ONE OF YOUR HOES OVER?" I yelled at him as I walked to the door.

I cracked the door and damn near melted.

"Wassup. Where Ron at?" came from his mouth. His deep, raspy voice hit me with so much force. I could tell he had been smoking. He couldn't have been less than 6'3, brown skinned, high top fade with nappy ass hair and a lil mustache. And he smelled so damn good. Like weed and expensive cologne. He was wearing a basic white tee with adidas joggers and gray air max 97s, but I was ready to eat him up.

"Uhh... huh?" I stuttered. "Oh. Ron in the back."

He let out a chuckle. He knew the affect he had on me. "Let him know 'Blacks' outside fa me, ma."

"Shit." I thought aloud. I knew he looked familiar. Blacks is- damn... I mean, Blacks was one of the most notorious drug dealers in my city. Nobody really saw him much. He was good at laying low. Any unnecessary attention could have been detrimental to his game.

He shot me a confused look.

"You tryna kill my cousin?" I asked him dead serious. The boys' heads shot in my direction.

He laughed in my face and I mugged him.

"Fuck is so funny?" I semi-yelled.

"Relax. Ya cousin work fa me and he do a damn good job. I just came to drop some shit off."

"RON?" I yelled.

"DAMN GIRL WHAT YOU WANT?"

"YOU EXPECTIN SOMEBODY?" I asked, keeping my eyes on Kendrick. He was smirking at me trying not to laugh.

"YEAH, MY BOSS COMIN. LET HIM IN."

I rolled my eyes and opened the door wide enough for him.

"You can sit ova there." I pointed to the couch then made my way to the kitchen table.

"Thanks, ma." he said. Something about that "ma" got me so excited.

I went back to my domino game but I felt him staring at me. It made me uneasy but I didn't let my guard down.

"The fuck is taking Ron so long?" I thought to myself. Soon as I was gonna check on him he came out.

Blacks stood up and greeted him.

"Imma be outside if y'all need me." He said following Blacks.

I scrunched up my face and went to the window.

"The fuck you doin Tia?" Vic asked me.

"Makin sure this nigga don't do nothin to Leron." I shot back.

I looked back out the window and noticed Blacks staring at me. "Fuck!" I said out loud when he gestured at me to come outside. I threw on a jacket since I wasn't wearing much and went out. I mugged him.

"Damn Leron, this ya lil bodyguard huh?" he laughed playing with his chin. "She damn near beat me up when I came up here."

"She don't play bout hers na." Ron laughed back.

"Yeah whateva. What you call me out here for?" I asked after rolling my eyes. He looked me up and down at me as he bit his lip. His brown eyes surrounded in pools of red had me locked in. I don't know why he was lookin at me like that, but a bitch got wet.

"Calm down Tia you already know he know me." Ron said calming me down.

I let out a sigh and relaxed my face and stance.

"Well, I'm not gonna apologize but I'll admit I could have been nicer."

"No apology needed ma, I know how you feel and I fuck wit it."

"Thanks." I said and flashed him a smile.

"Y'all wanna hurry this up?" Came another voice from inside the car.

"I'm comin now J, relax." He said never breaking eye contact with me. "Ay Ron, you mind if I talk to ya cousin alone for a minute?" he asked. We both looked at him confused. "Okay..." he agreed hesitantly. "Imma be watching y'all tho."

"So what? You wanna kill me now?"

"Nah ma. I just wanted to apologize for making you feel some type of way earlier. I know where you was comin from. And with the way people paint me out to be I should expect it. But I want you to feel comfortable around me since ya cousin workin for me."

"You good man. At least I know now. I won't have too much of an attitude with you no more I guess." I joked. He laughed with me.

"Where ya phone at?" he asked.

I pulled it out of my pocked and he signaled for me to give it to him.

"Nigga is you dumb?" I asked scrunching my face up.

"What, a nigga can't give you his numba?" I rolled my eyes and unlocked my phone.

"You like rollin them pretty eyes of yours huh?" He teased.

"Mhmmm, hurry up na. I got hoes to keep in check." I said to him and we shared a laugh.

"Imma catch you later Tia. You be easy ma." Mmmmm something bout him saying my name.

"Bye Blacks." I beamed.

He waited for me to get in the house before he got in the car and his boy drove off.

"This man is gonna ruin my life." I thought to myself.