154. final games & parties

Start from the beginning

"Getting your own place I suppose," Inez grinned, laughing slightly as she nudged Claudia's arm with her elbow.

Yet, she noticed how Claudia was merely smiling in a way that made her look both like she was nervous and in pain.

And that caused Inez's smile to go away.

"Claudia?"

"Yeah?"

"Is something wrong?" Inez asked suspiciously.

"No," Claudia chuckled with a smile to hide it as they walked through the entrance. "Nothing's wrong. I've got to go have tea with my grandmother now though, so I'll see you later at the party!"

"Later!" Inez called after the girl who quickly walked away.

And then she realised that something most definitely was going on.

Something not so good.

•••

Claudia was heading back to the Gryffindor tower as she went over the weird conversation she had just had over tea with her grandmother.

She hated that woman's guts, sure, but she really was the only one Claudia could rant to. So, there she was, cursing Evan's name and begging for Margaret to do something so that she could stay with Remus.

And, well, Margaret didn't say anything. She merely looked sorry for the girl.

But, what Claudia didn't know was that her grandmother deep inside wanted nothing more than for Claudia to stay with that boy who had proved himself to be her Prince Charming.

She wanted it just as badly as she had wanted to stay with her own version of him when she was younger.

But still, no one other than Evan Rosier wanted to marry Claudia. And the bloodline had to be cleared, so there was no way Claudia could run off and marry Remus.

Not on her watch. Even if Claudia had threatened to kill herself if they wouldn't let her stay, which she didn't, Margaret just couldn't let it happen.

And why hadn't Claudia threatened with her own life? Well, she actually had.

To Evan she had. She said that there would be no point with it all if she wasn't alive no more. But, the boy didn't really give a shit, so he simply responded that he'd kill Remus himself if she even so hurt herself to prove a point.

And, well, if Claudia wasn't around, no one could stop him.

So, she had to stay alive.

However, against what one would believe, Margaret had a few ideas.

You see, it worked so that after three generations - on the fourth - the blood of the children would be considered pure again. That's why Claudia had to marry someone pureblooded, so that they could eventually restore the family name by letting Claudia's kids take her surname.

And, well, Evan Rosier was pureblodded, and he had enough family to ensure that his family name wouldn't die out.

And, well, Margaret Maple hade made an oath to her late husband to protect the family name.

So, she had to.

The only way Margaret could help her was by finding another pureblooded boy that would agree to marrying her.