103. where the spirit meets the bones

a/n: per the request of @devilsclub11 i must tell you to keep a glass of water by your side when u read the following two chapters so u stay hydrated besties!!!

"WHAT'S EVERYONE DOING TODAY?" Euphemia asked them all as they sat and had breakfast a few days after Christmas.

"Absolutely nothing," Peter replied with a big smile. "I'm so excited."

"Excited about what?"

"Doing absolutely nothing," he shrugged, returning his attention to his porridge.

"Well, us adults have got lots of preparations for new year's," Euphemia spoke after looking at Peter weirdly.

New year's. Apparently the Potters were holding a ball, that according to James was safe for Claudia.

"Maybe you kids could help?" Euphemia asked hopefully.

"Now that you mention it, I've actually got plans," James grinned.

"I'm joining in on his plans," Sirius decided.

"Me too," said Peter.

"You literally just said that you don't have anything to do all day," his mum pointed out.

"I lied," Peter said innocently. "I'm super busy."

"Alright, well I don't want to torment you anyway, Peter," Euphemia said. "James, Sirius, you two will help me-"

"But, mum!"

"And that is final."

As Sirius and James entered a stage of complaining, Hope shifted her attention to Claudia.

"So, Claudia, what're you doing today?" Hope asked as James and Sirius started bickering with their mum, causing them to suddenly stop and listen in case they could abuse Claudia into doing all their chores for them. "Any fun plans?"

"Not really," the girl shrugged, speaking rather quietly. "Though, I would maybe like to..."

"Like to?"

"I'd quite like to go back to the graveyard," she said, looking up at the rest of them. "I wanna see if I can find mum."

"Of course, sweetie," said Euphemia. "But you must take someone with you."

"I'll go," Remus replied without missing a beat, waking up slightly from his sleepy state.

"But, Remus-"

"Silent, James," Euphemia scolded, holding her hand up in his face as she smiled at Remus. "That'll be great."

"I'll come with them," said Lyall, grinning slightly at his wife.

"And is that because you want to get out on new year's preparations, or?" Hope asked amusedly.

"No, of course not," Lyall scoffed. "I wouldn't do such a thing."