154. final games & parties

RAVENCLAW HAD LOST THEIR final quidditch match against Gryffindor

It's sucked, Claudia thought, but the smile on James' face as he came up to her afterwards and teased her for having lost against him and his team made it all a little better.

And, honestly, it seemed to help Inez too, who was sort of hating her existence a tad bit. But, Marlene had a knack of making her feel better, and so did apparently a happy James Potter.

Claudia and Inez left their group of friends to hit the showers, and then they walked back to the school in silence as they both took in the fact that they had just finished their careers in the Ravenclaw quidditch team for good.

But, it proved to be that Inez wasn't done with quidditch just yet.

"I think I wanna play quidditch in the future," she said dreamily as they walked. "After the war."

Claudia smiled, "I've been waiting for you to say that."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. You'd be perfect for it! Inez Harper, a world famous quidditch player. Oh! It would be amazing!"

Inez chuckled, "I'm glad you think so."

"I'll be front row at all your games," Claudia smiled, ignoring the little voice in her head that told her that she most certainly wouldn't. "Along with Betty and Pandora, of course."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," Inez chuckled.

"What do you mean?" Claudia asked rather nervously.

"Well, Betty might be going to France as you know," she began.

Which was true. The blonde girl had all her hundreds of brothers there, and she was in fact fully french, so she had thought about returning to the country she was born in.

But, she also wasn't sure. Time would only tell.

"And, as for Pandora," Inez grinned. "A little birdie named Mary told me that she overheard her and Xenophilius having a conversation about moving in together."

"No way!" Claudia exclaimed with a smile that she painted on.

She seemed to be doing that a lot recently. Painting on smiles, that was.

Because everyone were planning on how to move on. Betty would maybe leave to France, Pandora and Xenophilius were moving in together and James and Lily were getting bloody married.

And Claudia was just stuck as she absentmindedly counted every day and minute she had left until she would leave them all behind.

"Yes way! And, that reminds me, what're your and Remus' plans for when we leave school?"

"Oh," Claudia chuckled nervously. "Well, I...I don't really know."

"You haven't talked about it?"

"No, of course we have! It's just...I don't know, we haven't really planned anything past the summer. We're staying at his house by the sea all summer, but after I'm not really sure."