8. quidditch practice

INEZ WAS A beater for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team

INEZ WAS A beater for the Ravenclaw Quidditch team. So, essentially Claudia and Betty became the team's biggest supporters, coming along on as many practices as possible.

This Thursday evening was no exception. Claudia and Betty, as well as Pandora, followed their friend to the pitch and sat down on the stands, watching as the players soared through the sky on their brooms; Inez and the other beater named Marcus Davies practicing hitting bludgers.

Normally Claudia would watch the practice intently, but on this day she was only able to think about one thing:

What the hell happened the night before?

Claudia had immediately explained the whole thing to Betty, Inez and Pandora, who all brushed it off like it was nothing. They assumed that there was some sort of logical explanation behind it all, but they didn't pay too much thought to it. Pandora said that it was probably some random creature that Claudia had never heard off, and Betty and Inez said that it was probably someone else who shot spells at Evan from far away.

Claudia knew that it was magic. That wasn't hard to understand. But what had caused it was a complete mystery.

Her first thought was that she herself had produced some sort of accidental magic like she used to when she was a child, but hitting somebody and also dragging herself away by her own magic seemed very unlikely.

She also thought of the possibility that it could've been Peeves, the poltergeist that roamed the halls. But, the thing was that you could always see him so none of that made sense either. And even if you couldn't see him, he sure as hell would make more noise than just a few stifled laughters.

Claudia came to the conclusion that it must have been another person. Maybe they could have used a spell that made them invisible. She also wondered if maybe someone was in the possession of an invisibility cloak, like in "The Tale of The Three Brothers", though that did seem rather unlikely. Still, the small glimpse of somebody's foot brought her back to that idea.

"Are you thinking about what happened last night again?" Betty asked her friend who was in a complete trance.

"It just doesn't make any sense," Claudia stated with her eyebrows knitted closely together.

"I know you hate not knowing the answer to things, trust me I do too, but I don't think you're going to know the answer just like that. Maybe if it was someone, they will come forward eventually?"

"I agree," Pandora said in a dreamy voice, not looking up from her book.

"You're right." Claudia sighed.

"Like always," Betty grinned, to which Claudia rolled her eyes dramatically with a smile.

"What's going on down there?" Betty suddenly asked as she stood up from the bench, already walking down to the pitch where a sudden commotion had started. Claudia and Pandora immediately followed after, only to see that it was, unsurprisingly, the Slytherin quidditch team picking a fight with the Ravenclaw team.