86. happiness, safety & peace

REMUS HAD FOUND himself falling into yet another state of frustration

REMUS HAD FOUND himself falling into yet another state of frustration. It wasn't like before, because now Claudia was around as much as she used to be - but no further talk about their relationship had been made.

Claudia was completely furious with herself for spending pretty much all of her free time with the boy, but he was still recovering from the full moon and from what Sirius had done.

He just couldn't take more drama, and she wouldn't put that on him. Because he needed her, just like she always needed him.

So, she sticked around.

But, on that day when Claudia had arrived and given Remus a new book that she had annotated to cheer him up - something that she had started to do after forgiving him for the whole "book-thing" - Remus felt that he needed to finally get it over with.

"Claudia?" He questioned as he skimmed through the pages without actually reading them, her doing the same with another book.

"Mhm?"

"Can we talk?"

Claudia blinked, "Depends. About what?"

Remus stayed quiet, and that's when Claudia knew just the topic of the conversation. She sat up with her eyes wide and shook her head.

"No, Remus," she said. "Not now."

"We've got to have it out," he said, standing up. "Please, Claudia. I love you."

Those three words lingered in the air as Claudia stood up and shook her head profoundly.

"Please, stop," she urged, but so much time had passed and both of them knew that he wouldn't stop.

"I love you," he repeated, standing up as well. "And I totally get it if you don't love me. I mean, it's completely understandable. But...I just don't understand why ever since the letter you've been avoiding the topic completely. And ever since the party, too. I just need to know."

"I know, I'm sorry-"

"I don't want to sound like this," he said. "All frustrated and annoyed. But you're driving me insane, Claudia! And I complete get it if you're scared to tell me that you don't love me. But I feel like a complete fool as I wait for you to say something!"

"I..."

"I just want to know...do you love me or not?" He asked, causing a complete state of bafflement to come over Claudia for just a little while.