67. the girl in the closet

"THIS IS PRETTY much the worst idea ever," said Betty as the four boys and two girls neared a backdoor of Maple manor after Claudia's family, the Blacks and the Rosiers had apparated away from the manor

"It is," all of them except Pandora chorused in response.

"But our specialty is bad ideas," Sirius grinned.

"I think it will work," Pandora said in a hopeful tone. "As long as we stick to the plan, and her family doesn't return."

"Right," Remus sighed as he stopped in front of the backdoor. "Who is staying?"

"You are," said Betty.

"Why?" Remus asked quickly. "If anything I should be the one to-"

"You hurt her you idiot! She doesn't want to see you!"

"That's a bit bold coming from you," James jumped in.

"Be quiet!" Pandora whisper-shouted. "All five of you idiots have hurt her like hell these past few months, so get over yourselves! Betty, Sirius, you two stay here. The rest of you, come on!"

"Why do I have to stay here?!" Sirius questioned with an offended look on his face.

"Yeah, and why do I have to stay here with him?!" Betty asked with with a disgusted look on her face.

"Oh, shut up Arnaud! You want me-"

"I do not!" The blonde scoffed in response. "Please, Pandora, let me come!"

"No," she said sternly. "You two clearly have some things to sort out, so stay here and keep lookout!"

"Fine," the two chorused.

"But we will not sort anything out-"

"-Because there is nothing to sort out."

"If you say so," Pandora sighed as she grabbed James and Peter by their arms.

"Hang on!" Sirius yelled after them. "Will you even find her bedroom?!"

"Shut up!" Pandora and Remus yelled back, and the next second they were gone alongside the two other boys, leaving Sirius and Betty behind.

"I can't believe this," Betty eventually said with a sigh after the two had spent a few minutes just staring at the garden of the manor. "We have nothing to talk about, why did we have to stay behind?"

"Goes beyond me," said Sirius as he brought a pack of cigarettes out from his pocket. "Want one?"

"No," Betty said with a disgusted look on her face. "I always hated it when you smoked."

"You didn't," Sirius grinned as he lit the cigarette and took a blow. "You loved it."

"Did not."