140. jumpers & grapes

Start from the beginning

"It's alright," said Claudia, who was already in the middle of practically shoving grapes down her throat. "I'm taking a pancake break."

"Yeah? How long has it been?" Remus asked amusedly.

Claudia shrugged, "Like..."

"A week?"

"Yeah," she chuckled, realising that just a week before she and Remus had been standing in the kitchen as they made pancakes, which - in all honesty - only really resulted in chaos.

But the pancakes were at least good. However, they weren't good enough to make up for the mess they had made after Remus had gotten the wonderful idea of pouring flour in Claudia's hair, which led to her pouring syrup on his face.

Let's just say that Hope laughed so hard that Lyall had to take her out of the room after they had walked in and found the two teenagers glaring at one another with syrup and flour all over themselves.

"So," said Remus after a few moments of them just eating and chatting silently. "I guess we should-"

"I don't wanna talk about it," said Claudia, who was already aware that Remus was about to bring up the fact that her grandmother was their new Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. "If I'm being honest I don't even wanna think about it."

Remus nodded slowly, "I get it. But we've got to figure out what we're going to do about us."

"About us?"

"Yeah. I mean, now that she's here we...we can't exactly be as public as before or whatever," Remus said, and Claudia could tell that he was just as sad as she was over the fact that they maybe would be forced to hide again just as they used to.

"I know," Claudia smiled sadly. "We'll talk about it tomorrow, okay? For now I just want to ignore that and be with you. Doesn't that sound good?"

"It does," he replied, and then they pretended as if the conversation had never been brought up as they continued to enjoy their time together with the celebration of them having met six years prior in mind.

If only they would've know just who was watching them.

"You've got something on your nose," said Remus after a while.

"Yeah?" Claudia sighed, moving her hand to her nose and wiping it off over and over again. "Is it gone?"

"No," Remus chuckled, and then he moved closer to her. "Let me help."

Claudia nodded, but she was caught of guard as the boy didn't even touch her nose or even so glance at it. No, instead he leaned forward and kissed her softly on the lips.

"I'm going to be honest," he whispered against her lips. "You haven't got anything on your nose. I just needed an excuse to come closer to you."

"You don't need an excuse for that, you know?"

"I don't?"

"No," she chuckled, running her fingers through his hair without even so realising that she was doing it. "You're my boyfriend, idiot. Don't you remember what happened last night?"

"How could I forget?"

"Thought so," Claudia said with a small laugh, meeting his lips again and falling into a complete trance along with him as they, well, pretty much found themselves snogging by the Great Lake.

And Claudia would be forever grateful that the person who had been watching them had left by now.

The girl broke another one of their heated kisses and laughed again, "Snogging by the lakes, aye? Real classy-"