*4*

Shin's POV

I woke up the next day with a massive headache, from what I remember I didn't drink last night, it must be because of me thinking all night about what I heard and saw in my dad's room. I suddenly had this thought flash my mind, what if my dad isn't actually my dad? Gosh! I need to stop thinking impossible things but at the same time what if it's possible? 

I was taken back from my thinking when my phone rang, it was Oka. Right, I haven't talked to her from that day after what happened at dinner. I picked up the call and she legit screamed in my ears. She was excited about me getting a job. Oh right, I didn't mention it, I was looking for a job, it's illegal to just investigate someone or something without proper permission or report. She must have pulled some strings and helped me get into the job. I just need a backup in case I get caught in something, cause I know I am dealing with something dangerous. I took a deep breath and headed downstairs taking up my bags and mom's box. I made sure dad didn't see it, so I kept it in the car earlier. When I was in the US I had worked and earned money I brought it back and brought things for everyone and for myself I decided to buy a small car. I can't keep depending on the buses or on Oka. I just made dad some breakfast and left a note on the table. I didn't want to wake him up. I wasn't sure if he was even sleeping, but I didn't want to see him, that's what my mind kept telling me. I came outside and looked at the door one final time. 

If what dad said was true and if she was actually alive, I will find her and bring her back. I started to drive to the address Oka had sent me. I ended up before a huge tall building. It was really tall. I parked my car at the entrance of the building and went inside. I was told to meet some Mr.Mark. Apparently, he is the CEO of the company and his dad is Oka's client which makes the dad the chairman. I liked the interior it was American. When I entered I could see the bold name of the company "Freshpage&Co". It's a magazine company that deals with news of fashion, business, news, and even murders for that record. The receptionist welcomed me with a smile, I just told her I am here to meet their CEO and the guard just told me to take the VIP elevator. 

I went to the 20th floor like the guard told me and it was the CEO's office, but the building had 40 floors why did he stay in the 20th? Anyway, I went and knocked on the door waiting for the response and I heard a "yes" after two minutes of standing. 

I saw Mr. Mark sitting there at the table. He was around 30 or maybe 40. Well, that's my future boss. 

"Good morning sir, I am shin," I told him and he looked at me with wonder I guess. He suddenly got up from his seat and hugged me

"Oh my boy I have been waiting for you, Oka told me all about the work and details, don't worry you've got me. I'll have PA show you to your room and I might need your help sometimes for some records we are going to publish, hope you don't mind" Mr. Mark told without stopping

"Sure Sir, and thank you so much" I was actually grateful and he seemed fun. His PA came over and told me to follow him. I thanked my boss again and when I was about to leave, he called,

"Shin, you're Hinato's son, right? Say my regards to your dad" He smiled and I just smiled in return and nodded back. Weird for some reason.

I learned the PA's name was Levi and he was around the age of '20s. He showed me my room. It was big and with all the facilities. Levi also gave me my appointment order and my ID card. I looked around my office it was actually amazing. The sunlight and view. I was on the 35th floor. I called up Oka to thank her, I tried but it somehow went straight to voicemail. Ah, she'll call me back. 

I sat there just enjoying the view from my office it was really beautiful. And my phone rang, of course, it was Oka.

Bold- Oka        Italics- Shin

Hey Ok.

So how's the office?

Well, thank you first and yes I love the office, how did you know so fast? 

I was talking to Mark and he told me and I also told him to give you a bonus haha

Sure, thanks Oka and did you tell Mark about my family?

No, just that you're my best friend and you came from the USA for work and you're investigating the Yakuza and you need space for work that's all, why? Something wrong?

No, no just asked, anyway I'll come and talk, see you, bye.

I ended the call, if Oka didn't tell him how did he know about my dad? I was told to join work from tomorrow, so now I am gonna leave my beautiful office and head down. I came down through the employee elevator and made my exit. I went to my car and got inside. I was surprised to see a letter in the passenger seat, cause when I left the car it wasn't there. I looked around and opened the letter.

"Don't trust anyone, they are already watching you, get the file that is inside the silver finger, you will find answers there, be safe Shin" 

Who's watching me? And who send this letter? How did they manage to keep it inside my locked car? But whoever this person is he/she is watching me right now!

"Please be safe Shin," A person in a hoodie standing a few meters far from Shin's car told and then runoff. 

------------------------------------------------------

Shin's room [ you can imagine anything]

Mark Mathe

CEO of Freshpage&Co

Levi Lopaz 

Works as PA for Mark