*3*

Shin's POV

It's been a day and dad hasn't talked anything yet. He is locked up in his room, hasn't said anything or I am not sure if he had his food. I spent the night at home, cause one I was worried about him, and two, I needed to examine the box from my mom's table. I stayed in her room the night, I barely slept, I was going through all the things in her books and the files. Being a professor didn't require so many details on the gang for the aspect, but why did mom have all these with her? 

After yesterday's dinner, Oka and her dad went home. So it was just me and my dad, so I decided to make dinner for both of us. I didn't know if he was gonna eat, but I hoped he did and made extra. I was a good cook myself, I spent most of my time growing alone. My parents were busy with work. My mom was a great cook, I learned from her most of my dishes. But she always found a way to tell me bedtime stories. My dad was rather busy with work, for all I know he used to work for the government in the police department. He's a retired officer now, he gets his pension and stays home. My birthday was the best time of the year, all the three of us would spend the entire day together. But now I feel like my entire world has crumbled down to earth. 

Ah, shit my pasta! I turned off the stove and set the table. I went to my dad's room and asked him to come for dinner. He didn't reply so I just went off to eat. My dad is a very adamant person, he is very strong in his decisions, so I decided not to force him. But old age hits sometimes and their habits change. He must have been hungry he came over to the table and ate with me. I just smiled to myself to see him enjoy his food. Thanks to my mom I never hated my dad. I grew up without the love of my dad, I experienced it only one day in a year. It was her who told me he loves me and send me gifts and chocolates. I learned to love my dad and till now I do. We ate in silence, I badly wanted to ask him why he had behaved like that? I waited for him to finish his pasta so I can talk. 

We both completed our dinner and sat in the living room watching a movie together. It's time I asked him things. I took a deep breath. 

"Dad" I called and he just hummed in response. 

"Why did you shout yesterday on hearing the name of the gang?" I asked him. My dad looked at me with an intense gaze and so much anger. I have never seen him get so much angry not even when I failed in my classes. 

"I told you yesterday Shin, if you're my son drop this case and don't ever talk about it again, you get it?" He just said and got off from the couch. 

"But why? I need to know, please. I need to know what you know! " I had to talk a bit loud this time to make him stop and stare at me. My mom raised me with very good manners towards everyone. 

"I need to know pa. I know mom didn't die just by a random accident. I know and I think it has something to do with Yakuza and I will find it. Telling me about the gang it's up to you then" I was angry, devasted, and disappointed. I walked away without waiting for his response. I walked towards the staircase but stopped when I heard something rumble and fall. I turned back to find my dad stumbling and supporting himself by the wall. 

I rushed to him shouting 'Pa' and caught him from falling. 

"Pa, are you ok? Did you take your tablets" I was asking him, his sugar must have dropped, I was gonna get his medicine when he held onto my wrists and made me stop. 

"Don't investigate the gang Shin, I need to protect you, It's the promise to your mom, that I will protect you at all costs" He said with a weak voice

"But dad, you protected me for so long I need to know and will know what happened to mom!" I helped him stand up with took him to his room, gave him his tablets, and stayed to make sure he slept. I saw my dad trying to fight his sleep or dizziness. 

"Shin...Shin" I woke up hearing my dad's weak voice. I must have slept while looking over him. I looked at the time and it was early morning 3. I asked my dad if he wanted anything but he just nodded his head. 

"Listen, my boy, I know I can't stop you from investigating the gang, but if you're going against them make sure they don't realize that if not they will kill her, " He said slowly but clear for me to understand. Her? Who?

"Who will they kill dad?" 

"Yua," he told and sleep overtook him

I had tears dripping down my eyes when I heard him and when I realized the possibilities of it. It's not possible. I got up from my chair and went near the window in my dad's room watching the rain and thinking all that I heard. He is just drowsy on the medicines, it can't be true, that's what I kept telling myself.  

I wanted to clear my mind so I decided to go back to my room when something inside my dad's bed table caught my eyes. It's because of the lighting from outside I was bright enough for the object to shine. I went close by and opened the drawer wide enough to take a look at the silver object. Is that a silver finger? 

I stood up shocked and looked at my sleeping dad " Who are you?" I asked. 

3rd POV

Meanwhile, in the warehouse, a man with brown hair was watching Shin standing on his dad's bed and when he found the finger, the man's eyes widened. He got up from his seat and rushed to his boss's room 

"Sir" he rushed inside the muscular man's room

"What is it?" He said with his glued to his laptop

"Shinjen, he found it" the muscular man stood up from his seat and banged his table in anger. He immediately dialled a number on his phone and waited for the other person to pick up the call. 

"Boss, he found it," he told the person on the other side

"I want it in my hands without 24 hours," the person said and declined the call.

_________________________________________________

Hinato Hime [ Shin's Dad]

Age- 52

Retired official who worked for government