Meet My Boyfriend

"Why not?" Calum whined that Saturday as he sat down on the couch. I laughed at him as I continued to vacuum the living room. I had seen him just the day before on Friday but it only took six hours of being apart for me to miss him. So here he was with me on another Saturday while my family was away. I didn't even have to ask him to come, he invited himself over. I started vacuuming again but Calum pulled the plug.

"Hey!" I cried out, holding out my hand for the cord but he didn't hand it to me.

"Let's just watch a movie." He said again. I rolled my eyes.

"I have chores." I told him for the fifth time.

"So do them after the movie." He suggested. I rolled my eyes. "Come on Lil! I'm bored." He complained. I snorted.

"Why'd you call me Lil?"

"It's a shortened version of your name now just watch a movie with me." He said grabbing my hand and pulling me down over the armrest of the couch and down onto his lap.

"Well somebody has to put the movie in and it certainly won't be me." I said, sliding off of him. Calum groaned as he stood but put the movie in anyways before heading into the kitchen. I grabbed up the remote as I heard him grab several things from the cabinets. I also heard the fridge door open and close. He walked back into the living room with chips, pretzels and soda. "You come here too often." I told him as he handed me the pretzels.

"Are you against me being here now?" He asked with a grin as the previews for movies rolled. I shrugged.

"I was just stating a fact. You practically live here." Calum leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"Get used to it Kitten." I blushed.

Calum and I weren't good at judging time though. We figured that we could watch two movies and be up and away from each other before my parents and brother came home from their separate work places but we were wrong. Halfway through Iron Man 2, my father walked in.

"Hey Lily." He paused and my head whipped around to judge his reaction. "Oh, hey Calum." He seemed unfazed. Calum had his arm slung around me and we were sitting in closer proximity than we even stand next to each other in his presence. We were both frozen with fear. My dad just continued to the kitchen, putting his briefcase on the dining room table.

"Oh my god." I murmured, standing up and rushing toward the kitchen. Calum said nothing as he watched me go. "Dad." I said slowly.

"So.. You two are together." He didn't even sound surprised, or angry.

"Did mom.." He nods.

"I figured she was just saying this because you two still acted like you hate each other but she explained that was only for Jake. Those rules of yours are still in place." I think he rolled his eyes. "Why don't you just tell him?"

"Because he'll hate me and Calum." He sighed.

"How long as this been going on?" I shrugged.

"Barely a week." I murmured. I didn't count the week before that where Calum teased and taunted me about my underwear. He still hadn't given them back.

"Well I won't spoil your secret but you better be the one to tell him." He scolded me lightly. I shifted anxiously from foot to foot.

"You're not mad at me?" I asked. He shook his head,

"I won't be if you two stop the whole arguing charade. I get enough of that from you and your brother." He said, rolling his eyes. I grinned.

"Thanks daddy." I said hugging him. "Want to meet my boyfriend?" He laughed and we walked back out into the living room. Calum was still watching the movie. He stood up quickly when he saw us. "It's okay, he knows and he won't tell Jake." I said happily, taking Calum's hand.

"I approve because I know you son, don't make me regret it." Calum nodded and shook my fathers hand.

"Thank you. I promise I won't hurt your daughter." At least he didn't sound scared.

"Good. Because it won't be me coming after you. It will be her." He said pointing at me before heading towards his office.

"I don't doubt that." Calum said with a nervous laugh. I grinned and kissed him lightly.

"We should clean up before anyone else comes home." Calum nodded.

By the time Jake got home we were sitting on opposite ends of the couch arguing over what to watch on TV. "Hey, man. Lily, beat it." Jake directed toward me. "We're going to play video games." I rolled my eyes but threw Calum the remote as I got up. When my brother turned to head upstairs, I quickly walked to Calum and kissed him lightly before rushing up the stairs past my brother.

I don't know why telling my parents about Calum and I was easy. If anything, I should have been able to confide in my brother. He's covered fro me beofre when I went on secret dates but now it's all turned around. Now, my parents know while Jake is left in the dark.

Your dad was kind of intense.

Yeah, he can be. I replied to Calum.
Hey, we should change our contact names in our phone. So it's less conspicuous.

Why?
Wait, what's mine in yours?

Fuckboy 😄

Typical.
Fine Kitten I'll do it.

What will you change it to? I asked.

How about I just put a flower emoji?

Cool I'm going to put the poop emoji.

What? Lily! I laughed at his text as I quickly changed his contact name.

It's done.

😒 yours is still gonna be a flower emoji.

Thanks!😘