24 - Under the Stars

༻✦༺
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 24
༻✦༺

2.7k words

(Y/n)'s POV
I watched as Anakin took the blanket that I brought and laid it over the dirt covered floor. He hasn't said much since we arrived, he looked too lost in his own mind and I didn't have to be a mind reader to know where his head was at.

"So," I broke the lingering silence, "Who were those guys?" I asked, causing Anakin to finally give me his attention.

He stood up straight after fixing the corners of the blanket and drew his eyes to me, "Come here." He raised his hand in my direction and I moved away from his bike to accept it. He pulled me towards him and used his other hand to hold my chin and tilt my head upwards; our eyes locking, "Can you make me a promise?" He asked softly, his thumb continuously stroking my chin.

I nodded, nearly getting lost in his ocean eyes; the moonlight was reflecting on them, making him look almost unreal, "Of course I can."

"I'll tell you, but you have to promise me that you won't tell another soul - especially your father." He raised his brows and patiently waited for my response.

I didn't hesitate to give him my answer, "I promise that it will stay between us, my word is my bond." I raised my hand and placed on his chest.

He gazed down upon me with a slight head tilt, then he licked his lips, "Now give me a kiss to seal your promise." The corner of his mouth lifted into a sly smirk.

I instantly got on my tippy-toes and gently pressed my lips to his. Butterflies danced in my heart and I could feel myself almost going faint from lack of oxygen. He was legitimately taking my breath away.

After a few seconds, he pulled away and took a deep breath; it seems I took his away as well, "Andres," He began and gently rested his on mine. He glanced towards the floor as he spoke, like he was embarrassed, "He's from a gang, a well-known dangerous kind." He brushed my hair behind my ear as he spoke, like he was trying to find ways to keep himself calm, "And he also happens to be the guy who was with me the night I got arrested." He revealed, his eyes slowly lifting back up to gaze into mine.

My mind immediately went back to that man and the dark feeling I got from him, "He's the one who lied about the gun and left you behind?" I asked to get a bit more clarification before jumping to conclusions.

He slowly nodded I and could feel myself growing angry; knowing that it was him who put my Anakin in such a shitty situation, "But you have to keep this between us," He cupped my face and gazed sternly into my eyes, "I'm telling you this because I want you to know just how dangerous he is, and why you need to turn the other way anytime you see him," He rubbed my cheeks with his thumbs, "But you can't tell anyone okay? You promised." He reminded me.

Keeping this promise is going to be more than difficult, "He deserves to go to jail for what he did to you Anakin."

He sighed heavily before kissing me on the lips to ease my nerves, it worked, but only until it ended, "I know, but he's not a man to be messed with; I never should have gotten involved with-" He groaned with regret without finishing his sentence, "So it's best if I just stay away from them, and try to move on from the worst night of my life." He explained as he dropped his hands from my face, and ran his fingers through his gel-free hair in frustration.