1 - Yours

༻✦༺
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1
༻✦༺

4k Words

(y/n)'s POV
I hugged my pillow tight to my chest, while I was staring out of my window; watching the birds fly by free without a care in the world. I've hardly moved from this spot in nearly three days; it hurt to move, hell, it hurt to breathe. I was completely and utterly devastated. My world felt like it had stopped spinning, and my heart was shattered into infinite pieces.

Clovis broke up with me. After nearly three years together, he just.. left, and what makes it even worse, is that he left me for someone else, like I never even mattered.

I couldn't help but ask myself all the questions a grieving teenage girl asks when she gets her heart broken; why wasn't I good enough for him? How can he replace me so easily? Did he ever love me? Did he cheat on me with her? Is something wrong with me? And when the hell did it all go wrong?

That's only a fraction of the aching questions that are currently swirling in my mind. Most people are going to come and say; 'it's not your fault', or 'there's nothing you could have done differently'. But when you're on the grieving end of things, it's nearly impossible not to feel that way.

My tears soaked the pillow as I replayed some of our happiest memories, something I definitely shouldn't be doing. But I couldn't help it, it's only been three days and I missed him so much. And the pain of imaging him with someone else was damn near unbearable. This wasn't fair to me, I did everything for him, even planned my future around his dreams. I didn't deserve this, and now I had no idea what to do.

I was pulled away from my agonizing thoughts by the sound of my bedroom door opening, and hitting the wall a little too aggressively. I sighed quietly to myself, there's only one person in my life that barges in here without knocking.

"I gave you three days to sulk." My best friend, Josie, grabbed ahold of my blanket, and pulled it off of me, "It's time for you to get up, stop crying, and remember who you are." She bent down next to me so our faces were parallel to each other's.

"I need more than three days to get over a nearly three year relationship Josie," I sighed; burying my face back into my pillow, "What does this girl have that I don't?" I don't even know who it was, he refused to give me a name. He just said that he fell in love with someone else, and in turn, fell out of love with me.

I felt Josie brushing her fingers through my hair in a soothing way, "It's not about you (y/n), he's an ass, and you were always too good for him, and he knew that."

"You're just saying that to try and make me feel better," I accused in a muffled tone, due to my face being pushed into the pillow. I was currently suppressing my tears due to the aching pain in my chest.

She sighed; tapping on my cheek so I would unbury my face, and meet her determined eyes, "I think now is a good time to tell you that I never liked him." She revealed nonchalantly with a shrug.

I furrowed my brows; surprised by this revelation. We used to hang out together all the time and I never once got the vibe that she disliked him, "You didn't; why?"

She shook her head, "Nope; he was selfish, self-centered, narcissistic—and not in a charming way either, but in an asshole 'I'm better than everyone else' way," She mocked him in a deep voice, and I breathed a small chuckle. She always managed to make me smile, even when I thought smiling was impossible, "He forgot about your birthday twice, even though you always remembered his. He told the entire football team when you lost your virginities to each other, and then proceeded to get black-out drunk during prom; where he disappeared, and left you stranded without a ride home." She stood up during her angered rant where her voice began to raise with every word.