2 - Peter Pan

༻✦༺
Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2
༻✦༺

2.6k words

(y/n)'s POV
The hellish ride was finally over and I couldn't wait to get off this thing, "That was horrifying." I took off the helmet, and handed it to Anakin who held an amused grin.

"It wasn't that bad, you're just not used to it," He placed the helmet on top of his handles, before turning his gaze to focus back on me; a look of fondness in his eyes, "You could really use a little more adventure in your life."

I hummed with a head shake, "No, I think I'm good with my quiet boring life."

He used his legs to keep his motorcycle standing, while he fiddled with the gloves on his hands, "Let me guess; you like to stay in, read, and occasionally watch a romance movie that you've already seen over dozen times?" He raised a brow with a confident smirk.

I smiled, he was partially correct, "Wrong about the romance, but right about the repetition; it's Peter Pan," I shrugged; revealing my little secret pleasure. I don't know why, but that movie just draws me in, and I find myself watching it occasionally. I actually just watched it last night while I cried, and drowned myself in a bowl of ice cream. I consider it my comfort film.
(Fact: Peter Pan came out in 1953)

He chuckled, and I shot him a glare; thinking he was about to make fun of me for adoring a child's movie, "It's a romance if you look at it from a certain point of view," He moved the helmet out of his way, and leaned forward on the handles of his bike; keeping his gaze locked with mine, "Boy takes away a girl that he likes in attempt to give her a better, more interesting life; filled with a spontaneous adventure." He smirked while he eyed me up and down; a look of partiality in his gaze.

I see what he's doing.

"I guess you're right," I smiled; digging into my pocket for my house key, "Thanks for bringing me home by the way, I appreciate it." I thanked him, while switching pockets to check that one for my key.

He nodded while shifting his attention behind me towards my house, his brows furrowing, "Is no one home?" He asked, and I turned to look at my pitch black home to see that not a single light was on. It gave off a slight eerie feeling, but I was all too used to it.

I shook my head while turning back to face him, "No, my father works graveyard most of the time."

"What about siblings, or your mother?" He questioned; genuinely curious.

I silently cursed to myself as I pulled my hand away from my pocket; giving up on searching for the house key that I now realized I didn't bring. Not that I'm surprised, I tend to be forgetful; it's a major flaw, "Mother left when I was a baby, and I'm an only child." I informed him quickly, while turning around to face my house; thinking about what window might be unlocked.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, and I heard him kicking the stand for his bike down, before stepping away from it and coming closer to me.

"I forgot my house key." I sighed; turning to look up at him, meeting his ocean eyes, and I'd be lying if I said they weren't the prettiest eyes I had ever seen. The blue sparkled even in the night, and highlighted all of his other features; making him almost, captivating.