The first time their kid swears Part 2

Sam: He had just sat down with a cup of coffee to read the Saturday comics in the newspaper when his 8 year old son, Carter, rushed into the kitchen asking if they had feathers. Thinking nothing of it, Sam took him to the craft closet and gave him a bunch of fake feathers, along with lots of glue. Carter then scurried back out to the backyard to play in the sunshine. Sitting back down at the kitchen table, Sam shook his head at the wild fantasies of the younger generation. He had just reached the Garfield strip when an ear splitting shriek reached his ears, coming from the backyard. Fearing his son had come to harm, Sam rushed out to see his son just letting go of a branch high up in the tree in their yard. The boy had feathers messily glued to his arms and his forhead. 

"oh, no, hes trying to fly!" thought Sam.

And then Carter hit the ground, only he wasn't silent about it. In fact,, he was very vocal.

"OH, SHIT!!!!!" He obviously hadn't seen his father standing on the porch. 

"Carter! Are you crazy?!?! You coudl've died!" Sam rushed forward in concern. Carter whipped around, eyes wide as saucers in fear that his dad had heard his language.

Kneeling beside the little boy, Sam checked him over for injuries before scopping him into his arms and holding him tight.

"At least you didn't hurt yourself. You're lucky. I did that once, and I broke my arm. "

"Really?!?!"

"Yeah, but I was silent at the bottom of the drop.." He gave his son 'the look'. 

"Sorry dad."

"Well, you better be. We've talked about this before. I don't care if Uncle Tony uses those words, their not words for little boys to use, okay?"

"I know dad."

"Good. Next time you want to fly, ask me first, and maybe I'll let you come along for a ride."

"Gee, really Dad?"'

"Really!"

Steve: It was bring your kid to work day, so Steve had dressed up in his Captain America suit and brought his 5 year old son, James, to SHIELD for the day. They had gone to see Fury first, who was surprisingly friendly to the boy, and then they had lunch at the cafeteria. Right now, they were on their way down to were they kept all the bad guys. James was especially interested in what his dad did all day, which included capturing dangerous criminals, so he was very excited to see the prisons. Steve greeted the security guards, introduced his son, and then led the way to the place where they kept the fairly harmless people. He didn't want his son to come into contact with any of the truly horrible people he had had to capture.

"Wow Daddy! So these are the motherfuckers you captured??" He asked, eyes wide with wonder.

"Well, some of th- wait! What word did you just say?" 

James wouldn't answer, just backed away from his dad, his bottom lip quivering.

Kneeling down to his level, Steve calmed his voice. "Don't worry, son. I'm not mad at you. I just want to know where you heard that word. I'm not gonna punish you. Don't be scared."

" I- I heard it from those guys in cafeteria when you left to get me a spoon."

"Oh. Okay then. Well, just don't say it again, okay? It's a mean word."

"Okay Daddy."

"Alright bud, you wanna get some ice cream?"

Thor: Thor was sitting at the breakfast table, eating his morning dose of poptarts, when his very dramatic 9 year old daughter, Rosalynn, waltzed in carrying her favorite book. He didn't recognize the book, but shrugged it off and continued chowing down on his breakfast. Jane (his wife, guys, come on) was just scrambling some eggs for their daughter before she headed off to school. All of a sudden, Rosalynn put her hand to her cheek, just like Mommy sometimes did, and exclaimed "Oh my poptarts!"

Before she could explain anything, Thor, who was very offended by this offensive language, looked up from his food. "Heeeyyyyyyy!"

"But Daddy, she just jumped off the roof!"

"I care not what the little girl does, I refuse to let my daughter use such language!"

"Oh honey," piped in Jane. "That's not even a swear word! Stop overreacting!"

Thor, who was by now deflated of his righteous anger, slumped in his chair trying to find a feeble argument that 'Oh my poptarts" was indeed a bad word. "But look at them!" He gestured to the remaining food on his plate. "One does not simply insult my favorite food!"

"Hang on, did you just make a Lord of the Rings reference?!?!" Jane was sidetracked. And yes I totally did do that on purpose.

"Possibly...."

Well now that her parents were discussing their favorite LOTR characters, Rosalynn saw the chance to go back to reading her book. Although she did promise herself that she wouldn't say 'oh my poptarts' in front of her father again.

Tony: Well, they were at it again. Lately Tony and his daughter, 16 year old Marissa, had been arguing a lot, and just generally fighting over the smallest things. What it really boiled down to was that Marissa just wanted some freedom and independence, and Tony was reluctant to see that his little girl was growing up. Today's fight was over the fact that Tony would not sign the permission slip so that Marissa could go on a band trip to Washington. 

"Please, Dad? I promise I'll behave this time!"

"No."

"Come on, please?"

"Umm, no."

It had been going on like this for half an hour already, Marissa begging her father to let her go, and Tony refusing to even consider it.

" OH FOR FUCK'S SAKES, DAD, JUST LET ME GO ON THE GOD-DAMN TRIP ALREADY OR SO HELP ME GOD I'LL RIP THAT FLIPPING ARC REACTOR OUT OF YOUR DAMN CHEST AND SELL IT MOTHERFUCKING RUSSIA!!!!!" Well this certainly got his attention.

"What did you just say?" He said slowly as he turned from his position of staring out his window.

"Uh, well, umm...." Marissa was now second guessing herself.

" And just where did you learn this new vocabluarly of yours?"

"At school." She hung her head miserably.

"Wow, I'm impressed!" Tony said cheerfully. "I was beginning to doubt your school's ability to teach you anything, but even this! Now that you've proven that you can take what you've learned and apply it to real life situations, you may go on your trip." And with a flourish, he leaned over the desk and signed the permission slip, quicker than a blink of the eye. "Here ya go honey, better get packing."

"Uh, okay. Thanks dad?" Confused, Marissa started to walk out of the room.

"But just remember one thing, sweetie." She turned back to face her father. "Don't threaten to sell my arn reactor. Please. "

"Okay, sure thing dad!" She replied with a smirk on her face, and raced out of the room to tell her friends.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alrighty so that concludes that request. This was a celebration for getting 10K views, I still am having a hard time beleiving it. But thank you guys so much for reading this! It means a ton to me!!

Also, if you are a bucky lover, read my book. It's called Changed, not hard to find, and I'm really proud of it.

That's it, and remember to request and comment and give feedback! Thanks!!!