"All Too Familiar"

Hawks POV~

It's been a long day, where to I even begin.

I woke up, bright and early, like always, and got ready for work. My job has always been complicated, and very confidential, meaning I could never tell anyone the details of it. As far as anyone knows, I'm a hero, the number two, to be exact. That part is true, or at least partly true. I'm more of an actor, but all of my stunts are legit. The acting part comes in when I'm in public, the waving, smiling. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I hate it, I've never really known life outside of this. What is this? Well, the hero commission, aka, the government. A lot of people say, don't trust the government, they're tracking you, all sorts of stuff, but it's mostly just a rumor. A popular one. What do I say to this? Well... you couldn't be more closer...

I had a meeting with a peculiar person. We set up the meeting weeks before, maybe months. He's given me a task, and I had to do it. Not because of him saying to do it, because the Hero Commission said to. 

A couple months ago, I'd been given a task to be a "spy" or a "double agent," whatever you wanna call it. I'd have to somehow, infiltrate the L.O.V. (League of Villains) and give information to the higher ups. Did I have a choice? Of course not. Telling someone to do something is easier than doing it yourself. I mean, what do you think would happen if a cop went into a criminal organization one day and said: "Hey, let me join!" what do you think will happen?

I'm asking a lot of questions, but I've always been like that, at least I was trained to be at a very young age; anticipate the unexpected, they said.

Moving on, I was able to get in contact with them, but it hasn't been as easy. All of the members of the League were very untrusting towards me, and I can't blame them. Even as a couple of months had passed, they weren't as cold to me as before, but they weren't exactly too keen on letting me in on what they were doing. Of course, I know I'm getting to where I want to be, slowly, but getting there. But, it hasn't been easy gaining their trust, especially with one of their members, a guy who goes by Dabi.

I've been told by the commission that there wasn't a lot of information about him except his alias, which is Dabi. The only other things known about him is his appearance: Black hair, blue eyes, deep scars around parts of his body that are being held by staples. The one other thing known, and the last thing known about him, is his quirk: cremation. No one really knows the side effects, his range, or anything about it except what it is. Having someone with that much of a powerful quirk on the other side is really dangerous, but nothing could be done, can it?

Back to the assignment he gave me. We met on a rooftop, not too long after the big fight me and Endeavor had between him. In order to prove that I'm on their side, I'd have to kill Best Jeanist, one of the other top heroes. Back when a first-year in UA got kidnapped by the League, Katsuki Bakugo, He was stabbed right through the guts by All For One himself, as I've been told. I couldn't say anything at that moment, because if I did, he'd find out what I really am, and kill me right away, with no hesitation, which is pretty funny since he's the one who agreed to introduce me to the league in the first place. I went to the Commission after some time had passed, and ran up the "request" Dabi has made. 

Now, I'm standing in the middle of an alleyway, for an hour and a half. It's almost dark now, and it's not that I'm scared, I just have some other things to attend to. Usually, I would expect him to run late, 5-10 minutes, maybe 30 minutes maximum, but not for an hour and a half.

Good. I think to myself, Maybe he got caught. Tch, who am I kidding, there's no way that psycho got arrested, he's way too-

I freeze. Not that I was walking or anything, I was already standing completely still. My mind froze for a second. Without turning, or alerting the person, or the thing, I focus my senses to see if that thing that triggered me is a threat. It's possible that I might've been set up by Dabi and the rest of the LOV, but I'm too important of an asset for them to do something stupid like this. 

I can't rely on or hope to think that the person there isn't quick thinking. And yes, it's more probable that it's a person, not a thing. Within a split second, I make a decision, and quickly turn around, grab the person, and pin them against the wall. Within that second, I didn't even realize that the person who I'm doing this to is a kid. Shit.

I quickly let go of him, but he doesn't seem as shaken as I thought he'd be. I quickly studied him, making sure he really isn't a diversion, but what I notice is something I thought I'd never seen before.

"Ugh, Keigo, what the fuck is wrong with you?" This time, I freeze entirely. I hadn't heard that name since I was a kid. It's my name, yes, but it's confidential. Nobody is allowed to call me that, ever, in case someone heard. Not even the higher ups. Something is wrong.

I quickly pin the kid against the wall again. I don't care how old he is, he knows something, my name, and probably even more. The fact is, he's not supposed to.

"How the hell do you know my name," I say coolly. To my surprise, he doesn't seem so fazed, more annoyed. What the hell.

"What do you mean, ah shit, are you older too?" I look into the kid's eyes, and feel familiar. I look at him again, more carefully this time, and finally see the resemblance. This kid, has the same pale snowy white hair, the same bright ocean eyes, and the same scars on his face... but that's impossible...

---------------------------------------------------------------

No One POV~

Shoto Todoroki had started telling his teacher, and some of his classmates about his past, something he hoped he never had to say out loud to anyone. He told them almost everything. He told them about his parent's quirk marriage, his childhood, the goals his father had, how he says he's trying to change, but most importantly: Touya Todoroki. 

"Touya was the oldest of all of us. When he got his quirk, my parents quickly found out that he burns himself when using it, due to him inheriting the resistance to cold from my mother, and Endeavor's powerful flames. Endeavor wasn't really happy about that, so he had more children; Fuyumi, Natsou, and finally me. When I got my quirk, he still wasn't satisfied, so he trained me. If I didn't become the powerful "being" he wanted me to become, then he'd go back to Touya, but for the time being, he sent him to this "training" camp or something. I just remember one day him receiving a letter that Touya had died due to his flames, they said it was suicide. From that day on, we never really spoke of him; he was a ghost kind of. The only person who'd really talk about him, usually in anger, was Natsou. Fuyumi told me they were close, but I was too young to remember."

Everyone sat in silence, taking in what their classmate had said. It's true, for Bakugo at least, that there was something off in the Todoroki family, but said nothing.

"So... how are we going to find your brother then?" Asked Kaminari

"Well, I already alerted the authorities, specifically your father, Todoroki, but now I'm not sure if it was a good idea-"

"That wouldn't help anyway. If Touya doesn't want to be found, you can bet you won't find him that easily."

"I see..." Aizawa glanced slightly at the floor, thinking of what he should do. Nothing in his life could've prepared him for running after a kid who came to the future, at least he couldn't imagine it.

"Well, we could go out and help search for him, right?"

"Didn't you hear what he just said, dumbass? He says it's pointless." Bakugo spits back at Mina.

"Bakugo," Aizawa says sternly, "Todoroki, I know you're probably having a really hard time right now, but do you know anyone who would be able to track down your brother?" Todoroki turned and faced his teacher with a blank stare, that shows more fear than any other facial expression he'd ever shown to them.

"Hawks"

________________________________

A/N: Hope you liked it! Comment down below your thoughts, honestly right now, they're the only things that are keeping me from stopping the books I write. I hope you guys have a great night/day!

Word Count: 1543