Chapter: 0

I used to wonder what it felt like to be in love. I was lost for quite a while, that is until I got to know you.

-1st grade-

"Hi! Im Athanasia, whats your name?"

"...Lucas"

"Well, Lucas, wanna become friends?"

"...no"

"Why not?"

"I dont like people."

"Oh come on, please, I promise not to be so annoying to you!"

"..."

Athanasia looked at him with puppy dog eyes.

"...fine"

"Since I promised something, you promise something to me!"

"Um...I promise to always give you food?"

Athanasia's eyes lit up in joy, but they soon went back to their natural state.

"Although that does some nice," Lucas couldn't help but interrupt her with a chuckle. What a weird girl he had met. "I don't want you to promise something like that to me!" she shot a glare at him, to which he stopped laughing.

"Fine, how about I promise not to leave you?"

"Really!?"

"Yeah I don't like people that break promises."

"Alright! Then I will change my promise to match up yours, I will make sure you never get hurt by me or anyone else."

Lucas eyes widened, did this girl he just met really mean that.

"Y-You swear?..."

Athanasia held out her pinky, "Pinky swear!"

Lucas held out his pinky and interloped it with hers, "Alright, we cant break any of these, okay?"

"Okay!"

Athanasia cheered in accomplishment of making a new friend, and an interesting one at that.

-10th grade(sophomore year)-

"Y-Youre leaving!" Athanasia said with tears in her eyes.

"Yeah"

"..."

Athanasia couldnt say anything, she was in too much shock. She was upset. Her best friend was leaving her.

"Sia..Im really sorry, I dont want to leave, but its not my choice. My parents have business somewhere else"

Lucas approached Athanasia. The tears in her eyes were threatening to fall at any given moment. It hurt him to just look at her.

"Y-You cant leave. Ill be all by myself if you leave."

Athanasia hugged Lucas, "Y-Youll have that Chimera and the white dog."

Athanasia hugged Lucas even tighter, by this time the tears had already fallen, "You and I both know that I wont be able to see them much because of my dad, and they are both going to seniors soon."

Lucas rubbed Athanasias back. The more he did, the harder Athanasia cried. It was painful, for both of them. They were separating from each other. Best friends to one another, and now they're going to be separated for god who knows long.

After five or so minutes of them hugging and talking, Athanasia still would not stop crying. Lucas had to go though, so he released his grip from her and they separated.

As Lucas walked away after saying a simple goodbye, all Athanasia could do was stand there and cry.

"Damn it Lucas! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! I wont forgive you for this!"

All Lucas could do was listen and walk away. He bit his lower lip to keep his tears from falling.

"Lucas! You werent supposed to leave me! You promised! You said you would never break a promise!" she screamed. You could hear the pain in her voice.

"Lucas!" she yelled, hoping that he would turn back to her.

"Lucas you asshole!" Athanasia completely broke down, she fell to her knees with her body falling forward. Her hands landed to the side of her head so she wouldnt crash into the ground.

Athanasia was crying so hard, and Lucas wanted to comfort her like he would always do, but he knew if he did go, he would never leave her again.

------------------------------------
Word count: 620
Chapter 0
Date: 11/22/21
Author: Z-Chan
Next chapter: Chapter 1
Release date: 11/24/21
------------------------------------

This was supposed to be uploaded yesterday but I was finishing the character intros.