Chapter 41: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part One)

Start from the beginning

I sent a half smile back before turning back to Mrs. Brady. "I haven't really been up to date with school activities." I admitted.

She nodded. "Don't worry, I believe in you, Cerise." She smiled, "I've seen your work. I've seen you work. You're a determined student and three days isn't going to stop you."

I sighed. That pep talk was exactly what I needed, but there was no way I'd be able to make the deadline. I didn't work well under pressure - especially knowing that the school was depending on me -.

"Thanks Mrs. Brady."

She gave me a playful punch on the arm. "Anytime kiddo.", and then she lowered her head to whisper, "By the way, could you tell ol Dax over there that even if we were the same age, he wouldn't be my type."

*

After the bell rung I started to my locker again for my books for our second period class. I bumped into Samantha on the way there and just hearing her drone on about having so much faith in me and how she knew our school would win first place made me want to roll up into a ball and cry.

My locker opened just as Bianca's blonde curls came into my view. I smiled, finally someone I could talk to.

"Hey, Bianca!" I greeted all perky.

She grimaced. "Please, not too loudly." She placed a hand over my mouth.

Smelled like strawberries....peaches...?

I moved her hand slowly. "Oh yeah, still a bit shaky from last night." I said in a quieter tone. A little silence came over the two of us until a question that I didn't put too much thought on asking came out.

"Did you know that Serena and Carter broke up?"

Bianca stared in utter space for a while before looking up and squinting at the bright hallway lights and nodding, "Well Byron said she called crying last night. He said he handed me the phone then I started to sing Somewhere Over The Rainbow -"

"That Wizard Of Oz song?"

She nodded slowly. "Then I went unconscious so he told her to get over it then hung up." She smiled.

Always supportive Byron

"Ouch." I frowned. Even if Serena was a devil in sheep's clothing she was still human and being told to get over a guy whose she's been destroying other innocent girls for is kinda cold.

"Are you actually pitying her? Serena isn't a nice person and one day she's going to get back everything she's ever done. Karma is a -"

The bell rung interrupting Bianca's sentence. I closed my locker shut. "Well I'll see you later. Any idea where Byron might be?"