Chapter 41: Carnivals Never Go Out Of Style (Part One)

Start from the beginning

I knew for a fact that it was a girl. The drawing didn't look bad, but then again it didn't look good. It was in between and far from the topic that was given on the white board.

The girl wore huge thick rimmed glasses bigger than the head he had drew for her. A pencil was stuck under her chin as if she was thinking and the words scribbled beside her stood out the most in super bold letters -

LOSER

Adrian chuckled as Dax pointed his number two pencil in my direction because that was so hilarious. I rolled my eyes as Adrian took the paper from him and started broadcasting it to the rest of the students that sat in the front of them.

Within seconds they were all pointing and laughing. Mrs. Brady looked up from the sheet of paper she was reading that laid on her desk.

"Cerise." She called. Just like that, an instant silence dawned on the classroom.

I mentally groaned. She probably knew what they were laughing at and right about now I didn't need her sympathy. I could care less about that stupid drawing. I tossed my eyes in her direction and she maneuvered her index finger, beckoning me to come to her desk.

I placed my drawing in the blue paper folder on my desk and got up, doing as she told.

"No disrespect, Mrs. Brady but if this is about that stupid drawing Dax drew -" I started, but she stopped me.

"What stupid drawing did Dax....?" Her eyes slid behind me in Dax's direction. He flashed her a wink, but she didn't pay any attention to it.

"Mr. Rodgers, detention tomorrow after school."

Adrian laughed, giving his partner in crime a slap on the shoulder and Dax looked anything but happy. I turned back around swiftly, practically feeling him bore a hole in the back of my head.

Great, now he thinks I actually tattled. Ugh, what was this? Kinder garden?

"Now what I wanted to talk to you about was the art competition." She leaned back in her seat, clasping her fingers and resting them on the desk.

"What about it?" I asked.

"Well how's your work coming along? The deadline is in three days."

I coughed unattractively, nearly choking on my own saliva. "Th-three days?" I stuttered

"Yeah, I thought you'd know that since you're friends with Samantha."

I looked to the right of me. Samantha Prescott with her frizzy orange hair that Serena and Allison had threatened to cut once, inhaler in hand, large amount of freckles and glasses much bigger than mine. She sent me a frantic wave and braces smile.