Chapter 38 : Cheerleaders Shouldn't Drink (Part One)

Start from the beginning

My neck nearly snapped at how fast I turned it to search for Bianca. I internally groaned at the other blonde who was suppose to be beside me and not tossing her head back and forth to the music while grinding the punch table.

"Come on, Bianca." I pulled her by the hand which was my fatal mistake. Due to the fact that she was drunk she fell to the floor and started to create an imaginary floor angel.

"Look at me, I'm snowing!"

Surprised at how she didn't get trample by some of the dancing teens in an almost pitch black room I stretched out my hand for her to take. Her hand grazed it back and forth, but she didn't grasp it like she was suppose to. Unable to take it anymore I bent a little lower, trying not to drop Carter in the process and pulled her up.

I let out a victorious deep breath when I finally got out the house. The night was beautiful. The stars were sprawled out in the sky, not too close to each other and not too far from each other. A few dark clouds started to approach, but the wind was just right and perfect for a party. This had to be the best weather week ever. I just wished it could be like this all the time.

I nearly dropped the two teenagers when a huge loud noise erupted. A momentary sonic boom filled the sky.

Fireworks

Beautiful colors twinkled into the sky, transforming into more colors and then disappearing. A round of guys were sending them off near the pool. With my clever hawk vision I spotted Byron Archer in the midst of it all.

"Ooooooh. Aaaaaahh." Bianca who was leaning on my shoulder seemed to be enjoying all the - as a drunken Carter would say - prrrrrrrety colors. Her fingers tried to point at all the fireworks in the air, but she did it rather too slowly because of the state she was in.

"Hey, Bianca." I whispered and she turned to face me with a huge smile on her face. A bit too creepy if you asked me. "I'm gonna lay Carter right here." I pointed to a pad of bushes.

They didn't seem poisonous so why not?

There was no way I'd be able to make it there with him on my shoulder while keeping up with Bianca's staggering without falling. I had to put him somewhere.

"Do you think you'd be able to watch him and stay right here?" I asked, watching as she shook her head rapidly like she had just ate a bundle of candy.

"Great." I muttered doing so. I was probably going to regret this later, but it was a risk I was willing to take.

I stopped walking backwards when I realized she was fascinated by the fireworks and then turned around and began walking normally.

The beautiful fireworks couldn't kill the anger I was feeling right about now. My first ever party and my best friend had left me, I got puked on, almost fell and now have to endure Byron's clever remarks on how I was probably still in love with Carter because of how I helped him. Now I just wanted to go home, change out of this very tight dress, wrap myself up in my Divergent merchandised blanket , break out our new couch and get drunk - on ice cream - .

All my anger disappeared when I tapped on Byron's leather jacket, his blue eyes met mine when he turned around. A small smile stuck on his face because of the joke a guy had just told him before.

"Cerise? What are you - wow."

Was Byron Archer actually checking me out? His eyes trailed up and down my body, almost making me forget why I was standing here. But when I did remember I shook my head a little.

"Wait, are you drunk? How many fingers am I holding up?" I asked, holding up my wide palm.

He chuckled "You're holding up five fingers" he put my hand down, " and no I'm not drunk. If I were, I probably would have told you that you look amazing."