ᴛɪɢʜᴛ ᴇɴᴅ

TIGHT END: is often a hybrid position with the characteristics and roles of both an offensive lineman and a wide receiver. Like offensive linemen, they are usually lined up on the offensive line and are large enough to be effective blockers. On the other hand, unlike offensive linemen, they are eligible receivers adept enough to warrant a defense's attention when running pass patterns.

i didn't look back to edit this l o l

"karl. you can't play anymore."

"excuse me?"

the man replied with a bright smile at the head director.

maybe it was shock. maybe he thought it was funny they would even try.

"your injury has gotten worse, you shouldn't even be playing." the man with the golden nameplate on his desk named 'Mr. Frost' kindly replied.

"listen. i don't care. i can still run, i can still tackle, i can't still throw. so i'm playing and there's nothing you can do about it."

karl was very serious on the topic of this.

college was next year and he was going for a scholarship to the same college as the other boys.

he wasn't going to let some injury put him out.

"mr. jacobs. your ankle is broken, and if you continue like this, it will physically shatter into a dozen shards. i'm writing a note to excuse you for the rest of the season."

maybe he HAD to.

he was quiet as he drove back to his house.

the note sat idly on the dash board and he didn't even give it a glance.

y/n was walking down the street with a pair of headphones in their ears.

they looked over as they saw karl's car.

he stopped and rolled down the window.

"need a ride, harlot?" he playfully asked, except his smile wasn't as big.

"in your dreams, skank!" they shouted back with a grin.

"you bet your fine ass you are." he said with a crooked smirk and tilted his head.

y/n rolled their eyes and got in the passenger seat.

"where he headin?"

"my house. like that song."

"why not the field? your always itching to practice."

karl's lips drew into a thin line as his grip on the steering wheel tightened a bit.

y/n didn't seem to notice and shrugged off his lack of response. they began looking around his car, filled with energy drink cans and other junk food wrappers.

"hey what's this?"

karl couldn't even process y/n's movement as he was thinking heavily about what would happen to his future.

they grabbed the paper and scanned over it.

they didn't mean to snoop, really. it's just they had a feeling it was the reason karl was feeling so bummed.

"karl jacobs is no longer permitted to play-" they read off the paper, aloud, to catch his attention.

"yes yes i know. doc said no more football." he snapped and y/n frowned.

i know damn well this boy isn't talking to me like that....

"but you-"

"it's fine. really. i just gotta talk to the boys-"