• T W E N T Y - F O U R •

~ z a y n a ~

"Woah, what bus ran into you this morning?" Sara blurted. "I mean hi," she grinned sheepishly.

I glared at her playfully, "hey."

"No, but seriosuky," she took a bite of her sandwich, making her voice muffled. "What happened?"

"Nothing really," I shrugged, not wanting to talk about it.

"Okay. Whatever you want," she said, going back to her food.

"Zayn?" Nasreen said, appearing behind me.

"What?" I asked.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked but her eyes showed no room for discussion.

"Sure. I'm not hungry anyway," I said and got up to throw away the disgusting cafeteria food, astaghfirullah, and follow her out of the cafeteria.

Once we were out of the cafeteria I looked at her. "What is it?"

"Just follow me," Nasreen motioned, walking farther and stoping at the end of the hallway.

"Oh my Allah, Nasreen what's the difference between this corner and right there," I said in exasperation.

"It's farther from the doors," she explained.

"Just what is it?" I asked again getting annoyed.

"Is it the time of the month or what? What's up with you?"

I gave her a look. "I don't know Nas what do you think?"

"Yep, time of the month." I slowly clapped and she just shook her head with a smile.

"So why am I here?" I asked.

"You wanna tell me what happened?" She asked.

I sighed, "do I have to?"

She raised an eyebrow.

"Okay fine." I huffed. I proceeded to tell her everything.

"That was..."

"A lot. Complicated." I filled in.

"Let's go with a lot." She laughed before going back serious. "Just don't keep blaming yourself for everything okay? You're dad will come around."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Can we go back to the cafeteria now?"

"Gee okay. I swear you're so impatient." She laughed and pulled me back to the cafeteria.

"No I'm not," I chuckled. We sat back at the table when the cafeteria started growing quieter.

"Oh, great," Haley muttered looking behind me. I turned around to see a couple students standing in a group. With two girls glaring daggers at each other.

"3, 2, 1," Sara counted down quietly and on cue the two girls started fighting. Well more like swinging arms.

"This is the second fight this week," Nasreen groaned as we moved from the growing crowd of yells.

Students were jumping on tables each recording the girls that were currently on the floor pulling each others hair.

What are they fighting about anyway?

The doors barged open as three of the staff members rushed in.

"Move!" One yelled to the students trying to get through the crowd.

"Seperate!!" The other yelled as they tried breaking the girls apart. "Let go of her hair," she ordered and grabbed onto one of the girls.

They broke them apart but the girls didn't stop yelling at each other. "Let me at her!!" One of the girls yelled as she tried to escape the tecahers hold on her. She managed to escape and latched herself at the other girl.