Chapter 14 - Broken

Kyo fell to his hands and knees. Everyone in the room and silent as they felt the bond brake and suddenly, in a room full of people...

They felt alone.

"H-How?" Shigure asks. No one knew the answer.

"It...It just broke." Kyo said as Kagure found strength and walked to him, helping him up. Tohru had fresh tears.

"T-There was a human." she said, remembering the vision.

"I saw her also." Kureno said. Tohru started to sod.

"She watched from a window for so long. She never joined, but she always was with them." She said as she cried. Momiji walked over to her.

"Like how you were with us." He said. Tohru then started to sob.

"Tohru, why are you crying so hard?" Kisa asked as everyone watched her.

"M-My whole life i felt like i was missing something. I always felt so alone." she said and wiped her eyes.

"But then I met everyone here and i could feel a connection that i never felt before, not even with Uo-chan and Hana-Chan." She said. Akito pulled her into a hug.

"You always were watching us." Akito said. She gave a nod.

"I will abmit. I felt like something was happening. before I mean." Hatsuharu says. Kagura nods.

"Same. Like, the bond was being pulled." She said. Kyo was holding her hand.

"I felt it also." Akito said. Tohru looked at him. He then stood.

"I felt it the moment I saw Tohru." He said and looked at them.

"I was told I could only be with someone romantically from the zodiac. Kagura and Isuzu were the favorite but it felt wrong to me." He said and looked at both girls.

"It would be like being in a relationship with a blood relative and because of that, i told you all to never be in a relationship." He says.

"But you let Hastsuharu and I be together." Isuzu says.

"Only after I made him tell me more about Tohru." He says and looks at Kagura.

"Kyo told me you both kept it a secret. I'm sorry you had to hide it for so long, but I gave him permission yesterday that you both could be together." Akito said. Kagura had tears as Kyo held her. Akito then felt a hand and looked, seeing Tohru. Akito smiled and turned to face her taking her other hand.

"But now I found someone who was apart of the zodiac, when if we never knew it." He says. Tohru smiled and hugged him. He hugged her back and each member slowly walked over, hugging each other.

Growl...

Ayame blsuhed.

"It seems my stomach doesn't know how sensitive this moment is." Ayame says. Tohru couldn't help but giggle.

"Well, we are still at a banquet. Lets have a good time." She says. Everyone aggrees and soon, they are eatting and talking. Tohru moves her mat closer to Akito and leans on him. He blushes as he looks a her.

"You know. I felt what she felt." She said. Akito was silent.

"She was lonely at first, but then came to love all the animals and God. Thats how i felt. I love the zodiac members, but you, Akito..." She said and turned to face him a bit.

"You are who I truly fell in love with." She said. Akito reached and took her hand.

"I-I love you also" He says, leaning in. Tohru's heart was pounding as Akito gently kissed her. Tohru closed her eyes, kissing him back and smiled.

Even with the bond broken, she felt a connection with him.