Chapter 4 - Declined

Tohru and Akito were now alone but neither were talking. Tohru was sad by what the servant had said before and didnt want to mess up and Akito was thinking of what to say.

"I...I apologize for crying." Akito said, making her jump.

"No please, don't apologize." She says. Akito looks at her.

"My mom once said, crying helps release feelings you can't express other wise." Tohru said and smiled.

"But other times if just feels good to cry." She says. Akito smiles.

"I guess it does, doesn't it." He says. Tohru then figets as she sits.

"So...why did you wish to see me?" She asks, only to blush.

"I'm sorry. That was so rude of me." She said. Akito laughed a bit. 

"You could never be rude." He said. Tohru looked and giggled.

"As for the reason why I summoned you, The zodiac all talk about you. You have also seen a good amount of them, but we have never meet." He said. Tohru gave a nod.

"Thats true.I was thinking the same thing. Oh!" She says and grabs the bag, holding it out.

"I got you this, as a gift." She says. He reaches and takes it.

"A-A gift? For me?" He asks. Tohru nods and he reachs in, pulling the tea out. He looks at it.

"I'm not sure what kind you like, so I hope this is to your liking." She says. Akito looks at her, wanting to see how she would react.

"And If I don't like it." He asks. Tohru smiled.

"The receipt is in the bag. you can return it or exchange it." She says. Akito put the tea on his table.

"But then you would be out of money. You wouldn't get anything out of it." He says.

"I'm sorry, I don't follow." Tohru asks. Akito glares and opens his mouth, only for the doors to open.

"Lunch is served." The servant says as they serve the food. Akito sighs but lets it go.

"Make this." He says and hands them the tea. They nod and leave. Tohru looks at Akito and hes eatting.

"Akito, Have you ever received a gift before?" Tohru asked. Akito stopped eatting and looked at her. Tohru smiled.

"I knew it. I could tell by your strange statement." She said and clapped her hands together, smiling brightly.

"I'm so happy I could be the first to give you a gift." She said. Akito was silent.

'Shes happy just by doing that?' He thinks and watches her as she slowly eats, saying how good it was. Akito looked at his plate.

"Y-You know. The banquet has good food also." He says. Tohru looked at him.

"I know. Kisa and Momiji told me." She say but blushes.

"I'm sorry. Should I not bring up anyone from the zodiac?" She asks. Akito smiles.

"No, Its fine." He says, Tohru lets out a breath of relieve.

"And I mention it because I could throw one next week. For you. As a gift for giving me a gift." He says and leans back a bit. Tohru looks at him.

"And you were right. I never did get a gift and i like the tea. I just wanted to see how you would react if i told you i didnt like it. I do know that if you receive a gift, your meant to give one back though." He says and smiles.

"So, what do you say? Want to come to a banquet?" He asks. Tohru smiles sadly.

"While that is very kind, and I would love that, I'm afraid I will have to decline." She says. That hurt him.

"you see, i know Kyo wouldn't be invited." She said. Akito stood in anger.

"Because of him! Because of the cat! I'm giving you a gift and you throw it in my face!" He yells and grabs his table and throws it to the side, making Tohru jump in fear.

"W-Wait, thats not what I said." She says. Akito glares at her, his hands shaking in anger.

"I know what its like to be excluded." She says. Akito Slowly calms down. Tohru slowly smiles.

"How about this. I will think about it and will give my answer to Shigure by tomorrow." She says. Akito turns from her.

"Why should I? I know it will be a no." He says. Tohru looks sad.

"You don't know that." She says. He looks at her, seeing her sad.

"I'm just thinking of how it would make Kyo feel if i got to go to such a wonderful event while he gets left out again." She said and had tears. Akito didn't like seeing the tears. He turned and sat down again.

"Ok." He said. She looked at him.

"But I will have Hatori call Shigure tomorrow evening and demand an answer." He said. Tohru smiles and wipes her eyes.

"Of course." She says. The door then opened.

"your tea...What happened!" The servant yelled. Tohru got nervous.

"Umm Well you see this ah...this giant bird came in and tried to steal the food!" She lied horribly.

"A giant bird, with the door closed! How stupid do you think I am!" she yelled, making Tohru get nervous but Akito couldn't help it.

He laughed.

He laughed so hard he was crying. Tohru looked and started to laugh also. The servent sighed, cleaning up the mess.

'This girl tried to lie to hide the fact that i did this.' Akito thought as he laughed.

'Maybe, she is like they say. Shes different then other humans.' He thought.