Chapter 7 - Rain

After that day, Akito had asked if Tohru would join him on some days to relax with him, like he did with the zodiacs. She aggred to it and today marked one of her days.

"Its really coming down." Tohru says. She was leaning on the window, watching the rain fall.

"Yeah, but thats nothing new. We always get a rain in the late summer." Akito says as he looked up from his book. Tohru looked at him.

"Thats not true. When it rains, its all new." She says.

"It cleans everything bad and leaves everything new and pure." She says.

"What? No way. thats crazy." He says. Tohru smiles and walks to the door. Akito watches and she opens it, stepping out. He shivers a bit but she then jumps down into the rain. He drops his book and runs over.

"Tohru! What are you doing!" He asks as he watches her spin in the rain.

"I'm dancing!" She laughs.

"No, your getting wet! Get out of the rain!" Akito yells. Tohru then runs over and grabs him.

"Come dance with me!" she says and pulls him out. He lets out a soft scream.

"What No!" He yells but Tohru starts to spin with him, laughing with her eyes closed. His frown slowly turns to a smile and laughs with her, spining a bit.

Boom

A strike of lighting rolled across the sky and the thunder rattled the houses. Tohru jumped and they ran in, closing the door. They were breathing hard, but looked, seeing the pubbles of water and mub that they were making. Akito then laughed.

"I never did that before." He said as he laughed. Tohru smiled.

"My mom and i have. Then we would take a nice warm bath." She said. Akito blushed at that.

"Speaking of bathes. I should head home and take one." she says and grabs her bag, looking at him.

"you too ok. Dont get sick." She says. Akito nods and waves as she leaves. He puts a hand to his heart, feeling it beating fast. He then coughed a bit and walked to the bath house.

~The next day~

Kyo hit Tohru on the head gently. The rain was coming down harder today.

"you idiot! What were you thinking!" He yelled as Tohru rubbed her head.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to walk in the rain." She says. Yuki coughed a bit.

"But you could have gotten sick." Yuki says. Tohru looks at him.

"I was ok. I took a nice bath and got all warm." She says. Yuki smiles but Kyo hit her head gently again.

"Stop that you stupid cat." Yuki says.

"What was that you damn rat!" Kyo yelled. The door then opened and shigure waled in.

"Shigure? Shouldn't you be with Akito?" Tohru asked. Shigure gave a nod and sat.

"Yes, but poor Akito seems to have gotten a cold." He says. Tohru felt horrible.

"A-A cold?" she asked. Shigure gave a nod.

"Yes. He isn't saying how thought. Tohru, did you..." He stops, seeing her cying.

"Oh no. This is all my fault . I have to help. I have to." She says, standing and running out the door.

"Tohru!" She heard them yell but she didnt stop.

'No your getting wet! Get out of the rain!' His voice echoed in her head.

'Why didn't I listen? Why was I so selfish?' She asks her self as she ran. She ignored the people in the estate to stop and ran straight to his room. She opened it and saw him laying in bed. He looked at her, his cheeks red from a fever and had a towel on his forhead.

"T-Tohru?" He asks. She falls to her knees.

"I'm so sorry!" She cried out.

"Not as sorry as you will be when the police arrive." She heard and looked, seeing the servants walking over. 

"P-police?" She asks.

"You broke in." She said.

"Thats enough." Akito said and sat up, the towel falling.

"Leave us and do not call the police or if you already did then send them away. She did not brake in." Akito said, breathing hard. They gave a bow and left. Tohru walks over and helped him lay down.

"What are you doing here?" He asked as she put the towel back on him. She looks sad again.

"You got sick...becasue of me. I made you dance in the rain and now your sick." Tohru said. Akito stared at her for a bit before he smiled.

"Tohru, its ok. I'm ok." He says and reachs up, putting a hand on her cheek. She looked at him.

"You know. It was sweet that you ran all the way here, but still silly. Its raining. What if you got sick?" He asked. Tohru smiled and leaned into his touch. Akito blushed and moved his hand.

"Rest. I will be ok." She says. Akito nods and closes his eyes, feeling very tired.

But he woke when he heard a door and looked.

"H-Hatori?" He asked. Hatori looked at him and Akito saw Tohru, sleeping as she was sitting against a wall and Hatori just covered her with a blanket.

"I came to see how you were doing and saw miss Honda sleeping." He says and walks over.

"She ran here when she heard I was sick." Akito says. Hatori feels his forhead.

"I'm aware. You have been sleeping most of the day. Miss Honda never left your side." Hatori says.

"She..She what?" Akito asked. Hatori grabbed his stethoscope and put in on his lungs.

"She never left your side. Take a deep breath." He says. Akito blushes and his heart started to race, which Hatori heard and smiled.

'Who will confess first, I wonder.' He thinks.