Chapter 5 - The Call

"Really?" Yuki asks. Tohru nods as she folds the laundry.

"Yeah. I told him i would think about it, but I'm a little embarrassed." She says and blushes. Kyo walks into the room, drinking some water.

"All i got him was some tea and he wants me to go to a banquet." She said. Kyo spat his water out, coughing. Tohru looks.

"Welcome home Kyo." She says. He points to her.

"Dont welcome home me! What's this banquet about!" He yells. She smiles sadly.

"Akito invited me to go to a banquet." She says. Kyos soul left his body. Yuki sighed.

"Stupid cat. She means he wants to throw her a banquet." He said. Kyo glared at him.

"But, I think I will turn him down." Tohru says. They both look at her.

"I am honored and it would be so much fun, but it wouldn't be right. I'm..me and kyo, a member of the zodiac doesn't get to go. It would seem wrong." She says with tears. Kyo sighs.

"Listen, don't say no because of me. If you want to go, go. I can go to masters that day." He says. Tohru looks at him. He smiles.

"Besides, You can meet the others that way." He says. Tohru thinks and smiles.

"Ok Then. I will, but not to meet the other spirits." she says and stands.

"I will go and call Hatori. I know Shigure is out running an errand. Excuse me." She says and walks to the phone. She pulls out their contact list, calling Hatori.

"Hello?" He answers.

"Why didnt you put that on silent?" Tohru heard Akito ask.

"I'm sorry. I can't because I'm a doctor." He says.

"For us." Akito said. Tohru giggles.

"If this is a bad time, i can call later." Tohru says.

"Oh. Miss Honda. No, this isn't a bad time." Hatori said.

"Yes. I'm sorry to call while your with Akito but can you put it on speaker for me?" She asks and gets nervous.

"T-That is if thats ok!!" She yells.

"Stop yelling. Its fine." He says.

"H-hello?" Tohru heard Akito ask. Tohru giggled again.

"Hello Akito. I called because Shigure is out. Is this a bad time?" She asked.

"I just said it wasn't." Hatori said.

"No, not at all." Akito said. Tohru smiled.

"I wanted to let you know I thought about it and going to a banquet would be fun." She says.

"Really? you will go?" He asks.

"Yes, But on one condition." She says and gets nervous.

"I hope...if its ok with you that is...If it would be ok to sit next to you." Tohru said. She didnt hear anything.

"Um, hello?" She asked.

~With Akito~

"I hope...if its ok with you that is...If it would be ok to sit next to you." Tohru asked. Akito's eyes went wide.

"Um, Hello?" Tohru asked. Akito got nervous.

"Why...Why would you want to sit next to me?" Akito asked.

"Your inviting me to banquet. I can't think of anyone else i would want to sit next to more." Tohru said and Akito could almost see her smile in the words she spoke. He couldn't help but turn red.

"We will see." Akito answered.

"Great. I can't wait. 'Tohru, is dinner started?' AHH! I'm sorry Shigure! Sorry Hatori, I have to go. Bye Akito! See you at the banqute!" She says and hangs up. Hatori looked at Akito, who was covering his face. He pulled him into his lap, holding him like he did when he was a child.

"She said yes. She said she would come." Akito muttered. Hatori smiled and closed his eyes.

"I want the tea she gave me to be served at it." Akito said. Hatori gave a nod.

"I'm sure that can be done." He said. Akito looked at him and leans on his, his head on his chest.

"Do...Do you hate me?" He asked. Hatori looked down at him.

"For hurting your eye. Do you hate me?" Akito asked.

"No." Hatori answered. Akito gripped his shirt.

"Do you think she would hate me if she found out?" Akito asked. Hatori was wondering if he should tell him that she knew already or not.

"No. I don't think she should." He answered. Akito smiled at that.

"Thank you." He said. Hatori then felt a small pull within him. He couldn't figure out where exactly...

But he definitely felt something.