𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐖𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐓 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

Start from the beginning

and that's what he did. isaac was in the passenger's seat, staring out the window. scott, allison, and lydia were all in the back seat. each and every one of them felt horrible, blaming themselves for not being able to save aurora. lydia had left a message to tell them not to come, but maybe she should've been more specific. maybe she should've told them why. scott wasn't able to take any of her pain, even if she wasn't in any. but he wished that he had her powers, being able to heal any living thing. isaac was thinking the exact same thing as scott, wishing that he was able to take her pain away. and allison wished that she had grabbed aurora when the hybrid had pushed her back. she wished that she could've save aurora somehow.

"max, can you drop us off at the animal clinic?" scott questioned, his voice barely above a whisper.

"you guys sure you don't wanna go home?" max asked, his grip tightening on the steering wheel. "i mean, aurora just -  aurora is, um. . ."

"she would've wanted us to finish this and make sure that stiles is okay." allison mumbled.

"yeah, she would've." lydia said.

the sound of scott's phone vibrating echoed through the car, the mccall boy pulling it out. it must've been a text since he stared at the screen in silence for awhile.

after a few minutes, max pulled up in front of the animal clinic. allison, scott, and lydia all unbuckled their seatbelts and climbed out of the car, all of them sending a "thank you" towards max. the hastings man turned towards isaac since he didn't make a move to get out.

"you not gonna go with them?" max questioned.

"no. i, uh, i don't wanna leave you alone." isaac said softly, still looking out the window.

"i'll be fine, isaac." max assured, not sure if he was telling the truth or not.

"okay." isaac mumbled but still didn't make a move to get out. he started to tear up as he looked over to max. "then. . . i just want to be with you. i - i don't know what do. i know she would want me to try and keep going. . . but how - how -"

isaac was interrupted by a sob escaping his mouth, his hands coming up to his face. max's eyes watered as he looked at the boy who became his son during the past few months. he had been trying to stay strong in front of the kids, but hearing and watching isaac break down beside him was making it hard. he reached over the console and pulled isaac into a hug, letting the lahey boy cry into his shoulder.

meanwhile, in the clinic, allison, scott, and lydia walked into the back room with deaton. allison was keeping to herself, her arms crossed over her chest as she tried to stop herself from crying.

"stiles and kira said it was the nemeton that kept it trapped." scott told deaton.

"the problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. it just looks like one. it's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." deaton explained.

"the shape of one of my best friends." scott added.

"someone caught it one. someone can do it again, right?" lydia asked.

"i don't know." deaton answered truthfully. "this thing was trapped a long time ago, before the nemeton was cut down. it doesn't have the same power anymore."

"is there anything that does?" allison questioned, stepping forward.

"possibly. when the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contained powerful objects. but those objects are very rare."

lydia and allison looked at one another, the both of them having the same thought.

"wait a second. powerful objects?" the martin girl repeated. "like an alpha's claws?"