𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘: 𝐋𝐔𝐍𝐀𝐑 𝐄𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐏𝐒𝐄

————𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐫 𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐞————"hi, cub

————
𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲: 𝐥𝐮𝐧𝐚𝐫 𝐞𝐜𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬𝐞
————
"hi, cub."
————

𝐚𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐠𝐚𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐥𝐲 sat up from the cold water surround her. she looked around as she pushed her hair out of her face, realizing that she was in a big white room. it reminded her of a floor in an office building that would be filled with cubicles. she looked to her left to see that scott and stiles had also emerged from the water, scott already climbing out of his tub. stiles and aurora followed, the sound of water meeting the floor echoing through the empty room.

aurora turned around slightly, her eyes landing on the stump of a tree that seemed to be a few meters away. she looked over to scott and stiles to see if they had seen the stump too, both boys already looking at it. the three of them started to slowly make their way to the stump, walking right next to one another.

when they were right in front of it, scott stepped forward, examining it. he then pulled up his sleeve and looked at the two bands that were tatted on his upper arm. he was comparing the rings that were in the stump to his tattoo, aurora smiling slightly at that. the mccall boy then placed his hand on the stump before he closed his eyes.

aurora followed pursuit, placing her hand on the stump before closing her eyes. when she opened them again, she was in the middle of the preserve. she wasn't reliving the night that her and scott had gotten bit like the mccall boy and stiles. this was way before that.

the hastings girl looked around, seeing that it wasn't fully dark, but it wasn't getting there. the sun was setting, making the sky this golden yellow color. she smiled slightly, but was confused. how was this gonna help her find the nemeton?

"keep up, sweetie!" a familiar voice called, making her tense up. before she could react, rebecca hastings ran past her.

"mom." aurora mumbled.

"mom, wait up!" she heard come from behind her, making her turn around quickly.

she saw the 12 year old version of herself run past her, a big grin on her face. aurora had remembered this day. it was the day right before rebecca had past away. they had went for a walk in the woods so that they could find a spot and draw the sunset behind the dead trees. she smiled slightly as she followed her younger self through the woods.

"come on! you know you're faster than that, cub!" rebecca called, aurora feeling her heart melt at the name.

"i'm trying!" younger aurora yelled back, a giggle leaving her lips. younger aurora then started to sprint, using all of her might to get past her mother. and she succeeded, touching a tree before she started to jump around in victory. "i won! i won!"