Chapter 6

River's pov- 

 Watching Salah was like watching a toddler. She was confused and kept wandering around. She was clumsily stumbling around the apartment and I was following closely behind, trying to make sure she didn't fall again.

 " I wanna shower." she said, taking her shirt off.

 " Jesus Christ, Salah! Keep your fucking clothes on." I said as she took her pants off, leaving her in her underwear. She wandered into the bathroom and I debated on whether I should follow her or not. I didn't want to invade her privacy but I also didn't want her to hurt herself.  

 I was going to stay in my room and wait for her until a I heard a loud crash come from the bathroom. I ran to the bathroom door, " Salah, are you okay?" I banged on the door but got no response.

 " I'm coming in." I announced, giving her time to cover herself in case she was in decent. I walked into the bathroom and saw Salah on the shower floor. I rushed over and climbed into the shower, thankfully she still had her underwear on. 

 " What happened?" I asked, looking her over to make sure she didn't hurt herself more.

 " I'm not really sure." she said confusedly. The water was scalding hot and pouring down on us but she didn't seem phased in the slightest. Her once straight hair was now a soaking, wavy mess. 

 " Come on, beautiful." I helped her out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her.

 " My head hurts." she said quietly, rubbing her head.

 " I'm sure it does, Santiago said you hit it pretty hard." I grabbed a shirt off the shelf in my closet and a pair of my boxers for her to wear.

 " Put these on." I said, putting the clothes in her hands. I turned around so she could change. I didn't want to leave her alone again, not while she's still all loopy. She must've really fucked up her head to be acting like this.

 I was really nervous about her condition. If she doesn't start getting better in the next hour I'm taking her to the hospital. She hasn't really had any of the dangerous symptoms the nurse warned me to watch out for but I'm still worried about her. 

 " Are you done?" I asked after about two minutes. I waited for a response and turned around when I didn't get one. She was sitting criss cross on the floor with her head leaning against the wall. 

 I bent down to her height, " Pretty girl, what're you doing?" I smiled at her.

 " Riv, my head hurts." she whined.

 " I know, come on." I helped her up and we walked into my bedroom. I decided to keep her in my apartment tonight. I laid her down on the bed and I grabbed some aspirin out of my medicine cabinet.  

 I gave her the pills and she swallowed them. We cuddled up in my room, which I made as dark as possible to help with her head. 

 After a few minutes of laying in silence I asked, " Why've you been sneaking out to the gym?" I asked, playing with her hair.

 I felt her tense up at my question, " I didn't want you to know about that." she mumbled. 

 " Salah, you've lost a lot of weight." I said in a serious tone but that's not how she took it, " You think?" she asked some what excitedly.

 " Sala-" she cut me off, " Am I pretty now?" she asked hopefully, a hint of sadness in her eyes.

 " Salah you're stunning, you always have been. Is that why're you're doing this? Because you don't think you're pretty?" she slowly nodded and I felt awful.